Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjsdavis View Post
    Did you continue to receive the G395 DTC after fitting the replacement Hella units? Presumably, this then disappeared after the genuine VAG part was fitted?
    Yes i still got a pressure sensor fault code. No codes now.

Ian
    A4 B6 Avant Nogaro Blue

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    This is the eBay listing I just bought from, pics of the item in the other thread. Looks like a genuine item, but what do I know. Cheaper than a Hella unit in any case but I've not yet fitted it to the car so can't vouch for it. NEW A/C PRESSURE SENSOR AIR CONDITIONING AUDI A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 Q5 R8 4H0959126A | eBay

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've then found several brand new Denso units on eBay like this one:

Brand new original DENSO 8KD260805 AC Compressor for Audi A4 A6 A8 Q5 TDI TFSI | eBay

I can then see that this listing lists a series of compatible Audi part numbers like:

8KD260805 ; 4F0260805AA ; 4F0260805AE ; 4F0260805AH ; 4F0260805AL ; 4F0260805AR ; 4F0260805T ; 8E0260805BP ; 8E0260805BS ; 8E0260805CB ; 8K0260805E ; 8K0260805L

Therefore, my question is;

Can I not then buy pretty much any 4F0260805** Denso part-numbered compressor - (where the star represents either one or two final letters)? I'm looking at a number on eBay, and they all seem to be identical, and seem to be for all sorts of different Audi's (including my A6), from A4's to A5's and different VW's and Skoda's?

Thanks again for any help in advance!
    I can now answer my own question from the OP. The answer is a big fat NO.

I took a risk on buying a breaker part - which was part number 4F0260805F

As you'll note, this is not in the list of red "compatible" part numbers from the list. I guess I should have just stuck to my own intuition... When we went to fit the replacement (ending in F) this morning, we found that the pulley is about an inch in diameter bigger than the cheap chinese crap that is presently on my car. Consequently, even with the tensioner fully tensioned, the aux belt simply wasn't going to go back onto all of the pulleys... AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH

Therefore, this one will go back, and I'll get one from my list of red compatible part numbers.

The one positive from today, is that when the old compressor was off, it was very clear that the pump was completely ineffective and there was no noise from the pistons whatsoever when you turned the pulley round by hand.

Also - passenger door lock is now replaced. Overall, I've now only got two DTC's to resolve:

1 - bootlid catch (same issue as the passenger door)
    2 - The elusive HVAC air vent sensor (will come back to that shortly in the next post).

oh, and getting the bloody air-con freezing my n*** off again sometime very soon!

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Have a look here for vent sensor location.

Audi Portal: Sensors Diagnostic . Audi A6 4F (2005- ). G348 Îïèñàíèå

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hello again Kite

I was wondering, as the left-hand (as you look at them) centre vent is broken, I was thinking that it would be easiest to simply replace the whole centre vent unit. However, it would appear, from looking at these pics, that the pair of centre vents removes in one whole unit along with the trim that surrounds the ignition barrel.

My question is - is the vent sensor actually included in what I am posting a pic of below?

It looks like it should be from the schematic that you've posted a link to - and it appears to be the solution, as it will replace the broken vent, and the faulty sensor in one go? I can see that there is one white plug on the rear of the unit, but would this also power/communicate with the air vent sensor, or is it just for the Hazard Lights/ESP panel/Pass Airbag light etc etc?

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600OTXMRD55.jpg

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Hello again Kite

I was wondering, as the left-hand (as you look at them) centre vent is broken, I was thinking that it would be easiest to simply replace the whole centre vent unit. However, it would appear, from looking at these pics, that the pair of centre vents removes in one whole unit along with the trim that surrounds the ignition barrel.

My question is - is the vent sensor actually included in what I am posting a pic of below?

It looks like it should be from the schematic that you've posted a link to - and it appears to be the solution, as it will replace the broken vent, and the faulty sensor in one go? I can see that there is one white plug on the rear of the unit, but would this also power/communicate with the air vent sensor, or is it just for the Hazard Lights/ESP panel/Pass Airbag light etc etc?

I have no idea regarding the wiring.
    Try looking for an online schematic or manual.

A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    I have no idea regarding the wiring.
    Try looking for an online schematic or manual.

Already have done.

Sorry, I thought you knew about this vent unit and the sensor given your earlier post...

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    RESOLVED!

Ok, I can now answer my own question from my own OP. Yes, the codes in RED in the parts number list in the OP do all swap with one another.

I noticed that on the correct compressor (ending in AE as specified by TPS) for my car, that on the Audi part number plate on the side of the unit it stated that it was 130cm2. I don't know if this relates to the internal chamber volume, or the external pulley wheel size, but only other compressors, that also stated 130cm2 on the plate, are inter-compatible. Those that state 150cm2 are not compatible with my car. It was made all the harder by the previous owner being a cheapskate tossbag and sticking some cheap Chinese crap on the car (compressor) that had failed. (I won't go into how I can now see that he hadn't serviced the bloody thing in the three years he'd owned it either!!)

I initially ordered a unit that ended in a final letter of F. This had 150cm2 on the side of the Audi plate. The pulley was too big (about an inch bigger in diameter to the 130cm2 units), and the aux belt couldn't be fitted back on, when the incorrect compressor was fitted. I can't tell you what a ball-ache that little episode was!

However, I've recently received a compressor ending in the letter T, (which was in my original OP parts number list), and this fitted perfectly and had the smaller pulley wheel size. I'd abused KiwkFit twice previously with attempted re-gas charges to see if I could get it to work (they don't charge you if the recharge doesn't work), and they'd both failed. It was only right that I took it back there for the third time when the correct compressor was finally on. It's now all working, and what a boon it is to have working ice cold air-con in this heat!

So:

Compressor - £60 (Breaker)
    Pressure Switch - £36 (GSF)
    KwikFit Recharge - £49.99

Total - £146 all in. Not too bad, but with a lot of time to diagnose and eliminate by me and on here.

All working. What would that little lot have cost at the main *******? £1200-1500 I reckon for a brand new Denso compressor (£1k+) and everything else, if not even more and nearer £2k!

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 (C6) Avant 2.0 TDI Air Con Compressor Replacement Assistance 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Hello again Kite

Hello to anyone that might be reading this.

Whilst the air-con is now working again, which is marvellous, I'm still getting the:

01858 - Air Outlet Sensor; Right Center (G348) DTC

Whilst it clearly isn't stopping the air-con from working (which is good!), I'd like to sort it and get it cleared. Does anyone know if replacing the centre air vents, by simply popping on a new replacement facia panel as shown above (assuming it works!) should resolve the Air Outlet Sensor issue?

I know it's a relatively minor issue, but I'd still like to get it sorted if I can.

Many thanks

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234