Took off rocker cover as I thought the injector loom needed replacing, symptoms were car would start without a problem fifirs t ting in the morning, within maybe 15-20 secs youd feel a slight missfire, if you let the car idle it wouldnt miss a beat, but if you were to drive, it would start shuddering like mad and the esp light would come on, it would continue to shudder until you turned the ignition off and on again, this might happen a dozen times before it would stop and drive normally
Thinking the loom needed replacing I bought one, took the cam cover off and looked at the loom, nothing obvious until I start to take the injector connectors off, from the timing belt I pulled the connectors, forst one was easy to remove were the rest were so tight they were impossible to shift, now given that I had vcds lite connected to the car I got a fault that injector 1 had an electrical fault, so assuming that from the tb back the first one was injector 1, I took the connector off and put a thin screwdriver into the contacts and prised them forward slightly, when I reconnected it, again it was near impossible to get back off, put the cam cover back on and almost four days later not a hickup,
Im thinking that the connection on injector wasnt good until the car heated up properly then the metal expanded slightly making the connection a little tighter as it never happened once warm, I would say if anyone had the shudder misfire problem to try this first, it may not always be the case but worth a try before spending un necessary money, it worked for me