Hi All,

The DMF has been rattling for a while so thought I'd take the plunge and get it sorted. I bought the Sachs Clutch/flywheel kit, along with the Sachs Slave Cylinder and Master Cylinder to give it a complete overhaul (water pump, timing and aux belt also done as well as a major service!)

Since its return, I have had intermittent issues with the clutch. It's most common when is in stop/start traffic and using 1st. When you are in 1st, creep forward and come to a stop, the clutch will not fully disengage - despite my foot being in the floor. If I take my foot off the brake the car will start pulling forward, with my foot on the clutch, fully pressed. It also does this in reverse. Turn the engine off and the clutch fully disengages.

i have been back to the mechanic 3 times and he believes there to be air in the system. He has pressure bled the system, but the issues continue. The mechanic has also changed some washers as he thought he could see air bubbles escaping, but the rest of the pipe work is bone dry. I went to a different VW Indy and he stated the mechanic has done all he would and could offer no additional advice other than change the pipes/hosing - but can not be sure that would solve the issue!!

I'm at a total loss and don't know what to do - has anyone had a similar issue and managed to sort it? Any help would be awesome.......cheers!