1. Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Oh my God can't believe how easily it scratches... I don't know where they are coming from. Is anyone else finding this with Orca Black? I was told solid black was even softer so went for metallic. I knew it would show the marks but I didn't expect to just look at it and for it to scratch!! I had solid white before and it was a dream compared to this... it's gorgeous colour and suits the car but it's driving me crazy.

Maybe a stupid question but will the paint still be soft as it's new?? I have had detailing done, not ceramic wax but nano wax. Only have it washed by the detailer (and only once so far), he said he can polish them out but he will be forever doing it.

Just a rant really....

0 0 0

2. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Hi Gemmadoll, I also have Orca Black. Not sure I've seen the scratches, but noticed a small annoying stone chip the other day - car is less than 3 weeks old! I've just had it detailed and some form of wax coating added. I will keep an eye out. Sorry this post is not much help, and I feel for you....

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amacuk View Post
    Hi Gemmadoll, I also have Orca Black. Not sure I've seen the scratches, but noticed a small annoying stone chip the other day - car is less than 3 weeks old! I've just had it detailed and some form of wax coating added. I will keep an eye out. Sorry this post is not much help, and I feel for you....
    Yeah keep me updated on how you find yours - stone chips are so irritating. To top it all off I got a knock at the door today from a builder next door saying cement dust was blowing onto my car and I should move it. Moved it but it was way too late, nice of them to tell me after they srarted... it's covered in dust now on one side and the bonnet, my detailer has told me not to touch it until he can get to it but I'm dreading to think what it is doing to the paint

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Yes - in fact, I think i posted something similar when I got ours.... paint like butter. I have had the GTechniq crystal serum black applied, but it still gets scratches or stone chips easily. I have a black 5 series with the same coating and it doesn't get scratched at all.

It's actually hard paint that scratches more easily or shows marring, swirls etc..... either way, it's a pain in the backside! I was wondering if there was an issue with my paintwork, but it sounds like it isn't just me!

0 1 0

5. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Random question what's the difference between Orca Black and Mythos Black? Both metallic Audi colours...surely no different in showing scratches and marks etc?

0 1 0

6. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    My old X5 was carbon black which looked great new but after a year it looked like crap (50/50 between local handwash and myself) . I spent 3 years thinking about getting it detailed and coated but never did it.

When I got the Q7 (Daytona Grey) I decided to get it coated asap. I had Siramik Glasscoat applied and even after nearly a year, it's still repelling water and the paintwork looks as good as when the detailer finished. Really impressed and would definitely do it again.

The only marks are 3 fine parallel lines on the stupidly soft b pillar gloss black door pieces.
    Former Q7 owner

0 1 0

7. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I guess it depends whether this is a paint issue or a clear coat issue. It could well be the clear coat, in which case, all colours are likely as susceptible as others, but it just shows more on the black cars. I am very careful when cleaning the cars, using DI water and not even towel drying, but the Q7 has light swirl marks on the high gloss window trim. My M5 gets the same treatment and doesn't have a single swirl mark on the paint or window trim.

I have just resigned myself to the fact that the Q7 will need a single stage machine polish in a year or two when I get the EXO re-applied.

0 1 0

8. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I think perhaps you're right with it just showing more on the black. My last Audi Q5 was solid white and I never noticed anything... even stone chips. Coincidentally my detailer came yesterday to wash all the concrete dust off and pointed out three nice stone chip which show up white... so no wonder I didn't notice on my white car. I'm so tempted to try and touch the stone chips up but I think I know better. Hopefully in time as the new car novelty wears off I will get less upset by the marks/scratches etc.

The detailer did also say Audi paint is the worst for swirl marks, scratches etc... the only one worse is Porsche. He thinks Merc have the best paint...

0 0 0

9. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    You need to get it sealed with a decent ceramic coating, it helps a little, also get mud flaps they stop some of the stone chips.

0 1 0

10. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    I always thought that Audi paint was a hard paint and people you talk to in the detailing world all say Audi paint is hard

ive only had sepang blue so can only talk about that

i machined polish the whole car and had had a couple of small marks when I did it and had to use quite a course cutting compound and quite a course pad to remove it was hard going so that give you an idea how hard the paint is

as for the black B pillers that's a different story the last car the B pillers got machined polish 3 times and only I wash and drive the car
    and each time you looked at them they seem to mark

the new SQ7 was machined polished and had CS black plus exo and 2 weeks later went to wash it and B pillers was full of swirl marks
    so they are going to be redone and treated the B pillers are so soft why they do the paint so soft there not sure as you can't really shut the door with out tough and you can't say to every one who gets in it not to touch the black B pillers so think your right you just have to live with it even coatings don't seem to help much but better than untreated

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast