1. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    My detailer put a Nano wax on mine, I have googled it and this is often grouped into ceramic wax, is that correct? You can see the wax is doing its job but obviously won't stop those annoying scratches and marks

The mud flaps are a great idea, I'm definitely looking into this one as the stone chip is very close to the wheel arch so would have probably been prevented with those.

1 0 0

2. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I had a 4m Q7 in orca black for about 18 months and found it a complete scratch magnet. Regardless of how well you take care of it I found that Orca black too annoying to live with so I traded in for a newer model, a Daytona grey and I'm much happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Don't go with orca black, the scratches are insane, I'm at that point where i am going to get the car resprayed or vinyl wrapped and the car is only a month old...

I also have the paint protection option which they tried to do a dodgy on me (they didn't actually apply it but charged me for it)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Has anyone raised it with Audi... it seems to be a common problem with this particular colour. You just don't expect a car of this value to be so easily damaged....

0 0 0

5. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Im taking mine in on the 5th for service and i will bring it up with them

0 0 0

6. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezargh View Post
    Im taking mine in on the 5th for service and i will bring it up with them

i am keen to hear what they say!

0 0 0

7. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Spoke to them today, service manager wasn't helpful at all. To sum it all up, "its a black car its going to show scratches more than a silver car would" he said "even if you were to brush up against a silver car it wouldn't show much but there would be damage."

0 0 0

8. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've a 2013 4L Q7 in Orca Black. Same Same issues. Paint chips on stone easily. Rub a finger over any part for 10 seconds, you will see grey swirl marks on it.

I polish it every 6 mths, and just learn to live with it. Or go for respray of premium lacquer coat. I feel Audi used some environmentally friendly water based paints here ? Or just did a quick job one.

0 0 0

9. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    Back in the day when lead paint was used never had any issues

0 0 0

10. Re: Anyone else with Orca Black? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemmadoll View Post
    Maybe a stupid question but will the paint still be soft as it's new?? I have had detailing done, not ceramic wax but nano wax. Only have it washed by the detailer (and only once so far), he said he can polish them out but he will be forever doing it.
    I have Orca Black but I got the car since last Friday and most of the time it's collecting dust in the driveway since then, apart from a short school-run every morning. Any place in particular to pay attention for scratches etc. ?

-S

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast