Hi
I have a 1.2 2005 Polo 9N1. Whenever coming down from a Highway with the engine properly heated up, thermostat holds it at 90*C, the oil sensor and buzzer come on for 10-20 seconds and then stop and comes on more often on slow roads. This mostly happens on hot weather and I've been driving it like that for a year now, nothing bad happened... so far. Changed the oil yearly Castrol EDGE 5W30 and filter, no gunk on the filter, new oil pressure sensor... didn't go into the sump and pump parts and all so I would like an opinion before going there, also, let's say there's no electrical fault and it's a mechanical problem, being the more likely cause of wear, but I could be wrong. As a side note, I went to a Skoda dealer, official VW service in my country, and they were assholes. They told me the chain makes noises, later a different mechanic said it's not the case, nor was it mine, I know how a worm chain sounds like and this engine is pretty quiet overall. Then they said they found shavings in oil, and that I needed a new chain, how exactly I don't know,they never opened the sump, not even the oil filter, and as I recall metal doesn't float in oil to be picked up on the dipstick, since that's about the only thing they looked at, which then led to the chief mouthing off at the mechanic to stop the oil pressure test because the timing chain might break and they don't want to be blamed so I never got to see the actual pressure on the VAG tester. Overall a poor experience from what was supposed to be a "professional job", but that's that, for the moment official shops are off limits, moving on. And now I'm on the internet getting some clues what's going on before taking the car to a local mechanic.

I would think it's gunk in the sump and when the oil gets hot enough the gunk gets loose and sucked into the pump's intake, what boggles the mind is why it recovers if higher revs are applied for a prolonged time. On trafficless roads I can drive it for hours and not get the issue... but most roads are not like that.