Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

just wondered what everyone's thoughts are on ordering an A6 at the current time what with the age of the model and levels of discounts available etc.

Personally, I own a 2016 A6 Avant 2.0 and am pondering an order for a 3.0... 272 or 320. The best price I've found is from Coast2Coast cars, the price of 272 Avant BE (metallic paint, tech pack and sunroof) being £41.9k, 22.25% discount. BiTDI with the same spec comes out at £46k with a slightly lower (21.7%) discount.

These figures seem decent to me but as I recall discounts were around 25% last year when I was looking at A6s in the first place. Does anyone think discounts will get any bigger before the C8 is released? Also a bit miffed that the APR has been increased to 4.9%, imo a bit steep when for example BMW are offering finance at 2.9%.

Just wanted to get some opinions really guys on whether buying a new A6 is a wise choice at the moment. I haven't actually driven a 3.0 TDI A6 yet and should be doing so this week, which will give me an idea of how much I really want this.

I know there's a similar thread but thought I'd start a new one as the subject is slightly different.

Looking forward to hearing opinions, cheers

ETA obviously there's the whole diesel cloud as well, my own thoughts are that a brand new Euro 6 diesel won't have any problems unless they decide to drastically increase tax on diesel fuel. Part of the reason I'm keen to get onto a PCP (I own my current car) is also to shift any potential sh*t-fan-hitting onto VWFS should it happen.

0 0 0

2. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I took delivery of a Black Edition BiTDi Avant in March with about £7k of options. I got a great deal when I ordered in January - about 27% off.

Seems odd that the discounts are lower now as the car gets closer and closer to replacement. I decided (apart from needing a new car) that the new A6 was likely to be 18 months off and discounts won't be anywhere close to where they are now, plus special editions might take a while to come out (the black edition is a pretty good spec).

In the end, I went with the BiTDi after thinking about the 272 largely because the future value of the 320 is better after 3 years... so if you're financing then you might find that the actual monthly payment isn't very different at all because of that. It all worked out ok for me as I took the finance to get the deposit contribution with a view to paying it off.... but given the future of diesels is uncertain, then actually the future value and option to just hand it back in 3 years is actually pretty appealing now, like you've said.

Regarding tax, I doubt there will be any significant changes just yet - the government seem to be likely to go after older diesels to start with and the new car tax regime has only just come into effect meaning tax is now flat rate (bar the first year charge which is included within the vehicles price) for cars under or over £40k RRP. Realistically, this will change and I would expect it to be quite high on the Tories agenda if they remain in power after June - any opportunity to bash labour and their promotion of diseasals, but it's hard to know what and when all this will happen. I'm just hoping the value of my older diesel CRV goes up if they introduce a scrappage scheme 😉

I'd say your chances of owning a big V6 diseasal are going to start disappearing pretty soon as Audi will probably follow other manufacturers and start reducing the size of the engines and replacing these torquey units with 4 cylinder turbo units without that great V6 rumble. So if you want one, go for it. Buying cars is never going to be a good investment: so you either want one or you would rather be more sensible, but then you'd then most likely be buying a Dacia. 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I've just bought with Orange Wheels who use Lookers as the supplying dealer. I paid £46k for a £61,600 Bitdi Avant BE with advanced tech pack, sport diff, apple car play, pearl paint, tow bar, and Lighting package. Technically at this price it was bought on with Audi Finance, but you get 14 days to cancel and pay no interest, but still keep the Audi deposit contribution, or any time afterwards, you just pay the interest on the time you have the finance for.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

4. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I think there has been a price increase since we ordered, reducing the effect of the discount. Mine was circa 25.3 %, but I was hit by the higher 1st year tax. I think the Euro 6 diesels should be safe from the anticipated plans.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

5. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Interesting responses thanks guys.

When I went through Orangewheels last year they only dealt with Crawley Aud - with whom I had a bad experience. Currently all other brokers I've tried (carwow, OW, drivethedeal etc) are more expensive than C2C.

I was intending to drive a 272 today but unfortunately they'd sold it so I travelled to my other local dealer and drove a 2016 A7 BiTurbo. The power was awesome and I do like that deep growl even knowing it's fake! Not sure I'll be able to restrain myself from buying the full fat engine.

0 0 0

6. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    I took delivery of a Black Edition BiTDi Avant in March with about £7k of options. I got a great deal when I ordered in January - about 27% off.

Seems odd that the discounts are lower now as the car gets closer and closer to replacement. I decided (apart from needing a new car) that the new A6 was likely to be 18 months off and discounts won't be anywhere close to where they are now, plus special editions might take a while to come out (the black edition is a pretty good spec).

In the end, I went with the BiTDi after thinking about the 272 largely because the future value of the 320 is better after 3 years... so if you're financing then you might find that the actual monthly payment isn't very different at all because of that. It all worked out ok for me as I took the finance to get the deposit contribution with a view to paying it off.... but given the future of diesels is uncertain, then actually the future value and option to just hand it back in 3 years is actually pretty appealing now, like you've said.

Regarding tax, I doubt there will be any significant changes just yet - the government seem to be likely to go after older diesels to start with and the new car tax regime has only just come into effect meaning tax is now flat rate (bar the first year charge which is included within the vehicles price) for cars under or over £40k RRP. Realistically, this will change and I would expect it to be quite high on the Tories agenda if they remain in power after June - any opportunity to bash labour and their promotion of diseasals, but it's hard to know what and when all this will happen. I'm just hoping the value of my older diesel CRV goes up if they introduce a scrappage scheme 

I'd say your chances of owning a big V6 diseasal are going to start disappearing pretty soon as Audi will probably follow other manufacturers and start reducing the size of the engines and replacing these torquey units with 4 cylinder turbo units without that great V6 rumble. So if you want one, go for it. Buying cars is never going to be a good investment: so you either want one or you would rather be more sensible, but then you'd then most likely be buying a Dacia. 

Re the 6-cyl engines, that is exactly what BMW announced a couple of years ago with the new 3-series. Until people started to protest and suddenly the 6-cyl engines came back.

Audi will continue to offer the 6-cyl and 8-cyl engines as long as BMW and MB does. All in the name of competition.

My dealer has told me the 6-cyl petrol will be back, at least in Germany, in the new model and nicely updated too.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyn View Post
    Interesting responses thanks guys.

When I went through Orangewheels last year they only dealt with Crawley Aud - with whom I had a bad experience. Currently all other brokers I've tried (carwow, OW, drivethedeal etc) are more expensive than C2C.

I was intending to drive a 272 today but unfortunately they'd sold it so I travelled to my other local dealer and drove a 2016 A7 BiTurbo. The power was awesome and I do like that deep growl even knowing it's fake! Not sure I'll be able to restrain myself from buying the full fat engine.
    The Bitdi is some machine. You will love it!

Over the 3 years I had mine (A6) it returned around 37mpg as avg. Best was 50 mpg and worst 24 mpg (the latter pedal to the metal from Poland to Germany, 500 miles).

My new S6 is VERY different......best so far 34mpg, worst "a lot!" And avg 24mpg but so much more fun to drive and the sound is addictive! Although on a normal drive to the office (12 mls) i get around 27mpg so engine is loosening up nicely.
    2017 Audi S6 Avant
    2016 Volvo XC60 T5 R-Design (wife's)
    1987 Volvo 780 Bertone (my classic!)

0 0 0

7. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAudi View Post
    Re the 6-cyl engines, that is exactly what BMW announced a couple of years ago with the new 3-series. Until people started to protest and suddenly the 6-cyl engines came back.

Audi will continue to offer the 6-cyl and 8-cyl engines as long as BMW and MB does. All in the name of competition.

My dealer has told me the 6-cyl petrol will be back, at least in Germany, in the new model and nicely updated too.

The Bitdi is some machine. You will love it!

Over the 3 years I had mine (A6) it returned around 37mpg as avg. Best was 50 mpg and worst 24 mpg (the latter pedal to the metal from Poland to Germany, 500 miles).

My new S6 is VERY different......best so far 34mpg, worst "a lot!" And avg 24mpg but so much more fun to drive and the sound is addictive! Although on a normal drive to the office (12 mls) i get around 27mpg so engine is loosening up nicely.
    I'm sure I will/would!

Got a finance quote today through C2C and Whetstone Audi - North London. Anyone have experience with these?

Slightly eye-roll inducing in that only the monthly cost was quoted to me, not the GMFV (have asked for it), price also obviously including every single added extra they sell (tyre insurance and tyre insurance insurance etc.).

I have seen that the price is basically the same on Broadspeed, who offer a service whereby they claim to find a local dealer, maximize trade-in value and find the best PCP deal for £299. Anyone done this? Reckon it's at all worth it?

Sounds reasonable to me, the fee is payable only if a deal is reached.

0 0 0

8. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Try Autoebid. Give a lady called Ros Greener a call. Tell her the best deal you've found and ask get to better it. I didn't actually ask her to do that because she beat the best quote I told her by over £600 anyway, including their fee of £500! And you only pay once you've placed the order and paid the deposit to Audi. She'll run you detailed finance quotes too. That's who i used and they got me the best deal I could find as I mentioned above. Also had all the finance quotes with future values etc. Which made me realise the Bi-tdi was the better finance option... Which is helpful now I'm keeping it on finance as the GFV difference is around the extra to buy, so makes hardly any difference to your monthly payments.

0 1 0

9. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Tried a quote on Autoebid and it's come out very similar to those on C2C and Broadspeed. I see they also offer a service where they help find the best quote and give the best PX on your car. I'll give them a call tomorrow I think, thanks for that.

Running the numbers supplied by Whetstone Audi through a PCP calculator it seems that the GMFV they're giving for a 60k list car after 3 years is around £18000...

Will wait until I hear back tomorrow for the true figure but that is quite shocking. Are they placing it low due to the uncertain future of diesels?

0 0 0

10. Re: New orders and discounts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Doubt that will be affecting future values yet... But they will start to bite very soon.

According to Audi.co.uk's finance calculator, a big standard Bi-tdi black edition (rrp £55k) has a final payment of £24,660. The 272 is now £21,794. Mine is higher than than on my finance deal, but then with the options the rrp was higher.
    Autoebid were really good. I'm sure she'll help you out... tell her the chap who sourced the A6 and then tried to source an F-pace or XC90 recommended you! She worked bloody hard to find one if those for me to be registered before the 1st March and they were like rocking horse ****

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast