1. a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    have a a4 2008 b8. the heater is warm on the drivers side but blowing out cold on the passengers side. heat settings are at high on both sides. anyone any idea what could be wrong. would be gratefull for any advice.

0 0 0

2. Re: a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john revie View Post
    have a a4 2008 b8. the heater is warm on the drivers side but blowing out cold on the passengers side. heat settings are at high on both sides. anyone any idea what could be wrong. would be gratefull for any advice.
    You need to scan hvac module with vcds and after that perform output test, probably you see that there is error on one flap motor!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

3. Re: a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i have an issue with my drivers side, take a notion to go all warm on me. . The cure was to turn the heat up full and back down, which normally sorted it.
    But yesterday it just kept creeping up every minute or so. I had been thinking it could be a flap problem so i spent the rest of my journey, about 30 minutes, going from HI to LO every 30 seconds or so, with the aim of curing something sticky, or just out right breaking it to make it easy to find lol. the heater worked 100% this morning during the hour commute.
    i think it s a case of to be continued....
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

4. Re: a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    got it sorted as i have an A6 i followed this How to fix Audi A6 Climate Control (HVAC, Heater unit). - YouTube beware a copper washer dropped out on me spent twice the time digging it back out than it took to do the job.

i am sure the A4 is much the same if you can locate the HVAC.

15 minute (45 for me) job with no cost.
    Stewart
    2012 Q5 2.0D quattro S line Plus
    1986 coupe quattro (kv)
    1972 mini 1400 100BHP A series
    2016 F-Pace Portfolio X761 2.0D 180HP

0 0 0

5. Re: a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does the a4 B8 have an HVAC?
    Sounds like the directional flap motor is jammed. Will need repairing /replacing if it is. £250 from an indy is what I was quoted. Going to do it myself.

0 0 0

6. Re: a4 2008 b8 model heater problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

Sorry to jump in on this thread. Is it possible/safe to disable one of the jammed heaters via VAGcom until I get round to swapping the part out?

0 0 0