Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

I wonder if any of you can help I have a 2011 Passat 2.0 TDI blue motion Tech (and i love it)

A couple of weeks ago when we had nice weather the air con was working perfectly. A couple of days ago its warm again Hurrah but for no reason aircon not working boo hoo.

I took the car to my local independent today to have the air con service and as he's a friend i was there why he carried out the work. The car was connected to the gas machine and recovered 560g of gas vacuum was fine and as per manufacturers instruction 600g was put back in the system.

The climatronic is electrically working fine but the air con is still not working he checked with a snap on code reader and no codes are recorded. The mechanic said would need to take to VW as all the fuses are ok but there is no feed (power) to the compressor.

Phoned VW they want two days and £72 too diagnose the fault. From other things I've read this is going to hurt as it might be the compressor.

Can anyone give any thoughts to my issue as i am not sure what to do next.

0 0 0

2. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Have a look through linked thread:

Air Conditioning Fault - UKPassats

0 0 0

3. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for this ill ask my mechanic to take a look.

0 0 0

4. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Did you find the cause of the problem?
    Last edited by 32110; 20-05-2017 at 12:19 PM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your help with the Link took the car to my indi VW garage.

He said there was no need to code read as he looked at the compressor see the central bolt and knew it was the compressor and has seen quite a few go like this. Unfortunately mine is the type you couldn't repair.

New compressor £280 + vat all working fine now.

Not to bad after all.

0 0 0

6. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 32110 View Post
    Have a look through linked thread:

Air Conditioning Fault - UKPassats
    This link does not seem to work for me...is it still live?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Link still working. Perhaps you need to log-in?

0 0 0

8. Re: Aircon Not Working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I stumbled across this thread whilst looking for some help with my drivers door.

My aircon has never really worked in as long as I have owned the car, I have had it re gassed but still never worked, I'd basically got to the point where I wasn't prepared top spend a lot of money with a garage to try and get it working, I was thinking I could end up with a bill into the hundreds!

I read this and checked mine pump out and sure enough the screw wasn't spinning. Searched out the part and ended up on ebay and bought from these:

Air Conditioning A/C Delphi Compressor 5N0820803 For Seat Skoda VW Repair Kit 747180984767 | eBay

Turned up next day, good service.

I'm no mechanic but do work with my hands so followed the how to's etc and set about it yesterday morning, went well, the middle nut as suggested just spun but got a lever behind the part and put on pressure and it just wound out, new part on and Bingo, cold air.

Chuffed to bits with this, a £30, relatively easy fix, Thanks for the knowledge guys, without this place I'd still be hot and getting nattered at by the wife!!

0 0 0