Notices

User Tag List

Thread: RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car!

1. RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,
    As the title suggests, some pratt has rear ended my beloved B5 RS4, it's not severe, but bad enough.
    The insurance is covering the repairs.
    I reckon I need a boot lid and rear bumper. But, I have contacted Audi and looked on eBay, none to be had.
    I am weighing up my options at the moment, but I am thinking the insurance may struggle to get parts, anyone have a clue how to source these parts?

Cheers

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    ahhh, no way, gutted for you. boot lid is the same as an a4 s4 is it not ? as for a bumper, what about some of the polish places. might have to go non genuine until a proper one turns up. i.e. dont let the insurance settle the case until its back to factory, no matter how long it takes . can that be done.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Zollaf,
    Thanks, I am gutted too mate, its my pride and joy!
    I don't know, is the A4 S4 the same, when we asked Audi they said none in stock, will have to re-check on that one.
    Not sure what you mean about "polish places", do you mean as in the country? Poland that is. Not familiar with it if it is, can you give me an example?
    Yeah, its early days with the insurance at the moment, I am settling through the "offenders" insurance company as the driver has accepted full responsibility. They are sending an engineer out on Monday to assess the damage and determine whether they can fix it, including sourcing the parts. Like you say, genuine Audi parts only. Not settling for non-genuine. Just all sorts running through my head at mo, I have £5k's worth of "enhancements" on it, so I dont want to lose those for starters, things like 8-pot brakes, Miltek exhaust etc...., if they decide they can't repair or something....the damage could be a lot worse, but the parts will be the issue.

0 0 0

4. Re: RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    legally, its not your fault so the other driver is obliged to put you in the position you were in before the crash, so they cannot write it off even if they have to reshell it, as long as you stick to your guns. in fact there is no reason for you to deal with the other insurance, only the person that hit you. you can refuse to deal with anyone but them. makes it easier sometimes. and yes, there are places in europe where audis are very popular, making lots of aftermarket spares. and aftermarket bumper might do for now, until a proper one turns up. have a look on ebay.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: RS4 B5 bits - help! Some idiot has rear ended my car! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok thanks mate. I will defo stick to my guns, I just want my motor back as it was. Ok, I will have a look on eBay. Thanks for your help.

0 1 0