1. AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I just had the AdBlue refilled at 6000 miles (the 1500 mile warning had just popped up). 600 miles later, an AdBlue system fault pinged up and the "will not restart after 650 miles" warning was displayed.

Audi road side assistance diagnosed a faulty adblue pump, so the car is now in having the whole tank and pump assembly replaced.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem? The Roadside assistance chap had pictures on his phone of another Q7 where he had the same problem and replaced the tank on the road side. I am curious if this is a well known problem?

0 0 0

2. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Think Max had this problem on his Q7 and pump was changed

0 0 0

3. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The reduction agent pump is part of the tank and a fairly common issue for 4M.

0 1 0

4. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Think Max had this problem on his Q7 and pump was changed

Yes Nemo

i had a faulty pump but car didn't show any warning sign
    the car kept slowing down as if I was driving with me foot on the brake and got slower and slower and had to put me foot on the throttle more and more until car stopped
    then restarted and car did the same
    but had no warning lights until went to dealers and they plug in the tester and showed up the add blue pump
    was told car went into limp home mode as such

they changed tank and pump at about 3,500 miles I think

this was on a MY16 Q7 272 car was 3-4 months old at time
    once pump and tank was changed had no more probs
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

1 1 0

5. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks Max. That's reassuring. They just delivered ours back. The MMI connect app says "refilladblue in > 2400KM". We have the 24 litre tank and I could have sworn the app used to say far more than 2400km. So you think it needs to update the range estimate over a number of miles driving or is >2400KM the maximum range displayed in the app?

just being paranoid they fit the 12 litre tank or did not fill it up - in reality, I think both scenarios are unlikely.

on another note, has anyone experienced a vibration in the door card when lowering the front drivers window?

0 2 0

6. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    That does seem strange
    is 2400km 1500miles?

i had a strange one when they fitted the new pump and tank
    they said it took 25 litres to fill and that's strange as I only had the 15 litres well so I thought
    snd they said the same size tank was fitted that came off really didn't make sense

when I had my first warning of refill in 1500 miles I put back in 8 litres
    so def had the smaller tank think the tank was changed around 4000 miles and sold the car at 8,000 miles
    so never refilled tank or had chance to see when the next warning came up

i don't think my mmi unit says when to refill it just comes with a warning to refill in 1500 miles
    up until that happens you don't know when it will pop up

sounds to me they either just refill your tank with the old ad blue that came from your old tank
    bad if they did or they didn't top it up fully

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P13TR0 View Post
    I just had the AdBlue refilled at 6000 miles (the 1500 mile warning had just popped up). 600 miles later, an AdBlue system fault pinged up and the "will not restart after 650 miles" warning was displayed.

Audi road side assistance diagnosed a faulty adblue pump, so the car is now in having the whole tank and pump assembly replaced.

Has anyone had or heard of this problem? The Roadside assistance chap had pictures on his phone of another Q7 where he had the same problem and replaced the tank on the road side. I am curious if this is a well known problem?
    Not good to hear..

Is the advise from the roadside or garage .. ?

Hopefully it gets sorted quick ..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Thanks Max. That's reassuring. They just delivered ours back. The MMI connect app says "refilladblue in > 2400KM". We have the 24 litre tank and I could have sworn the app used to say far more than 2400km. So you think it needs to update the range estimate over a number of miles driving or is >2400KM the maximum range displayed in the app?

just being paranoid they fit the 12 litre tank or did not fill it up - in reality, I think both scenarios are unlikely.

on another note, has anyone experienced a vibration in the door card when lowering the front drivers window?
    Just read..

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Could someone do me a favour and check their MMI Connect App. Please go to the servicing tab and let me know what it says under adblue range.

Thanks

0 0 0

10. Re: AdBlue Pump failure 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Could someone do me a favour and check their MMI Connect App. Please go to the servicing tab and let me know what it says under adblue range.

Thanks
    If only i had that tab

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast