Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    OK guys, a short update.
    I have just returned from a mechanic, he is 90% confident that it is the flywheel/clutch that is screwing up the engine start. Over the phone yesterday he suspected about the injectors, injector gaskets, starter motor, you know, all the logical things that prevent engine to properly start. But when a violent shake happened in front of him (thankfully this time it did happen few times upon starting the engine) he immediatelly said that it must be the flywheel. I already called Audi service and will go see them about making an appointment to install LUK DMF set.

The mechanic I just returned from also said that the engine mounts are screwed up (the one on the driver's side is more loose than other two), he could literally move the engine by hand. So I bet that these violent shakes screwed up my engine mounts too, so these will be changed as well. (Do not get tempted to think that these violent shakes are because of poor engine mounts, do not forget that this started happening after I changed the clutch/DMF).

I will keep you updated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Violent engine shaking on hot start after DMF change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mure View Post
    Glad to hear that you have no issues. Do you know what kind of clutch/flywheel is installed in your car?

On the other note; I just went to see a mechanic to show him the problem. I drove 10 minutes before he tried to restart the car. He did it once, twice, 15 times and no extreme violent shakes. The car got scared obviously just like it was going to a dentist. He of course did not mind the little bad noise and vibration that I hear because he does not know what it sounded like before. The car starts everytime but with a special noise and more vibration than before.
    However I did notice a new sound. I recorder it so check it out here: Audi A3 1.9 TDI 77kW 105BHP, thumping after clutch and DMF change - YouTube please read the video description on when to start listening (when to expect it). I don't know if this is normal or not. The thumping sound rythm increases with engine speed.

Anyway, I will let it drive me crazy for a few more days and decide what to do.
    The clutch kit installed was Sachs-2290601050 and the gearbox oil was also changed with G052512A2

0 0 0

3. Re: Violent engine shaking on hot start after DMF change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    If I am not mistaking, there is a visual difference between your KIT and the one I had installed. The one I had installed has flywheel that is thinner than yours (the DMF assembly). Mine is also thinner than the LUK that was originally in my car. I thought that it was OK for this new one to be thinner since it is manufactured last year and I thought that they have updated the design.

I also changed the gearbox oil last year in AUDI service including the gaskets (don't know what they are called in english language, we call them "semering").

I have checked the prices for LUK KIT that is supposed to be original for my car, it costs 400 EUR here with 1 year warranty.

Hm, if it indeed proves that this SACHS KIT is infact the cause of my problem, how would one prove to the parts-store that the crap they sold me does not fit my car, in order to request for a refund? (Even though it physically fits and car runs)

0 0 0

4. Re: Violent engine shaking on hot start after DMF change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    If we were doing that we would fit an LUK 600 0016 00

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Violent engine shaking on hot start after DMF change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks.

I will let them install the original thing that is supposed to go in there. I am done with choosing parts on my own for now :-)

They will make the switch on Monday 2017-May-15 and will post here the results.

0 0 0

6. Re: Violent engine shaking on hot start after DMF change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hello,

Yesterday they changed my entire clutch set, installed original "LUK" part. Now the car starts normal, no shaking and not bad sounds.

They noticed that one of gearbox mounts was damaged (probably because of the harsh vibrations) so they replaced it as well (labour costed me $0). They also replaced the starter motor's graphite brushes (preventive measure), labour costed $0 so I told them to do it as well. They also tested my battery (the capacity test) and it passed all good.

Now, because they changed the starter motor brushes I can't 100% confirm that the problem is solved with the changed DMF alone because they changed two, actually three things (including the gearbox mount).

Update: Returned the SACHS DMF to the store for a 100% refund.

Best regards!
    Last edited by mure; 13-04-2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: wording

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12