1. Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone, I have a 2005 A6 C6 2.0 TDI and the car will not come out of economy mode, I left it into a local place to be regassed and when they gassed it they said it still did not work and could not be repaired so they took all of the gas out again. When I got the car back and read the codes I got the following fault

Trouble codes:
    00256 - Sensor for refrigerant pressure/temperature Lower limit not reached
    static
    Frequency counter: 1
    Measurements:
    1.3 °v.OT
    Mileage: 119249 km
    Driving cycle: 103
    Date: 2017-04-25 19:58:38
    Priority: 3
    01854 - Right front heated seat Open circuit
    Intermittent

This was not there before I left it into them which I found odd, after looking online lots of people reported this sensor being faulty so I ordered one up and replaced it but it looked slightly different although seemed to fit OK but the fault is still there, does anyone have any ideas what to look at next, does the car just need regassed again? I dont want to have to pay for this if there is still something faulty.

Regards
    David

0 0 0

2. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    the A/C place is fishing for extra work there... as long as the circuit held vacuum and they put in the correct charge amount + oil, you could then fix the system yourself by simply changing the sensor bud.

Why did they remove the gas if it wasn't leaking ?

Did they charge you for this also ? I hope not, as it's now back in their machine.

I'd hazard a guess that you just need a new pressure switch.

You'll never get the A/C system to run now, as you've got no gas in it...

Get them to regas correctly, then you can fault find thereafter.

HTH.
    2007 3.0 tdi S-Line Avant.
    20 inch RS alloys, F/r park distance,S-Line leather, colour coded All road side skirts, Xenons
    Luv it !

0 1 0

3. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    I agrree with Tazman, sensor is a very common fault on A6 ( both A6`s Ive had have failed!). I guess your system wasnt even low and now theyve left you with no gas!
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

4. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, thanks for the replies, I have replaced the sensor already but the error is still there, I am not sure if it now just needs re gassed to clear the error or not. The garage did not charge me and told me it was not worth repairing and to just live without it, it was only a small garage so I am not sure how much i should trust that.

0 0 0

5. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    That garage has left you in a worse position than when you originally drove in. No explanation as to why it is not worth repairing ? I think you have to decide if a certain system in your car is not worth repairing rather than them ! The error will never clear while there is no gas in the system.
    If you want it sorting, take it somewhere that knows what they're doing with air con, go through the vac test, regas, then see what is required next, might just be that sensor. My passat air con wasn't working as the compressor drive pulley rubber had sheared, 30 quid replacement from a scrapper sorted it. Yours may be beyond economical repair but you need a bit more info to make that call.

0 1 0

6. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    As above, no pressure in the system,you wont be able to clear the fault code.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

7. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Take the car back to the garage and get them to refill the system.

They should do this for free.

If you had a leak then they should have told you.
    Last edited by dan2485; 04-05-2017 at 10:05 PM.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 1 0

8. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Certainly worthwhile shopping around as i had both of my cars regassed on a groupon offer for £20 inc for each!

In both they gave me a printout of the amount taken out and the refill amount of both gas and oil.

They even did an antibac treatment at no extra charge and said they would honour that price for as long as I owned the cars

Just saying as some aircon places charge £50 as a 'special' £75 if a cleanse is included, so there is quite some profit margin.
    XK8 96 Dyno'd at 305 and LPG converted, a mere 65ppl
    A6 07 3.0 quattro tip SE Limo, black,black leather/tints /black alloys/towbar/Alientech Eco Remap/quads/Rear DVD screens/Pogo Alert+

0 1 0

9. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the replies, I took it to another garage today and got them to gas it, they pressure tested it and gassed it and now the econ light is going off and staying off and the fault code has disappeared but still no cold air, does anyone have any ideas what to look at next, how can I check if the compressor is working?

Cheers
    David

0 0 0

10. Re: Air Con not working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbauk View Post
    Hi Everyone, thanks for all of the replies, I took it to another garage today and got them to gas it, they pressure tested it and gassed it and now the econ light is going off and staying off and the fault code has disappeared but still no cold air, does anyone have any ideas what to look at next, how can I check if the compressor is working?

Cheers
    David
    I would check the front of the compressor to see if the clutch has fell off or loose,if the compressor is working you should be able to hear it hissing if follow the high pressure pipe up to the big union nut.
    A4 B6,A4B7Quattro,MK4 Golf,MK5Golf gone and well forgotten,MK6Golf.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast