0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Thanks.
    Your car is a 2.0Tdi 177 BHP C7 model?
    Afraid mine is 2.0 Tdi 190 Ultra C7, so not sure if the schedule would be identical to yours.

0 0 0

2. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    It should be, they are the same engines.

0 0 0

3. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Apologies for the 'silly' question, are the cambelt and poly v belt one and the same? I've had the damper (lower pulley) and poly v belt replaced and the car is coming onto 5 years old.

0 0 0

4. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheroo View Post
    Apologies for the 'silly' question, are the cambelt and poly v belt one and the same? I've had the damper (lower pulley) and poly v belt replaced and the car is coming onto 5 years old.
    Expect to be corrected () but I think the Poly v belt is external to the engine and drives things like the alternator, air compressor etc while the cambelt is internal to the engine and drives the water pump, oil pump as well as the camshaft

0 0 0

5. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Apparently the 3.0 TDI's do not need a timing belt change as they come with a timing chain? Can anyone confirm this please?

0 0 0

7. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I spoke with Audi Service just now and they confirmed 140,000 or 5 years, whichever is first (2.0tdi 2013 177PS).
    As mentioned, 140k is appealing to fleet buyers.
    Another thing to think about is fleet use generally will be higher i.e. previous owner to me averaged 20k per year due to motorway use which puts minimal wear and stress on the engine (engines like to run continuously and don't require much force from the engine to chug along on the motorway). A person using the car for many short trips i.e. stop and starting the car many times during a day, going through several heat cycles will put more strain on components, i.e. starting a car from standstill offers a nice jolt through the system that puts increased tension on the parts.
    From that, it makes sense that high mileage motorway use can put more miles onto the belt without proportionally decreasing it's lifespan which is why the mileage can go higher.
    I've got exactly 70k on mine and have decided to go for it (at 4.5 years) with water pump too. The free MOT for life is nice too - saves £50 and if keeping the car for another 3 years say (which I plan to) then in a way that's £150 discount on the cost, which makes it almost the same price as going to an independent. Hope that helps.

0 2 0

8. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hi guys
    Just bringing my case into this discussion as well.
    My 2014 Audi a6 2.0 tdi 177 has about 150k miles. I am doing about 60k miles a year.
    I replaced the cambelt and water pump last year when it had about 80k. Now the Audi is saying I need/have to replace it every 65k miles.

It's quite expensive and I was seeing all these replies saying number over 100k and i dont know if you're talking about miles or km.

Also, my driving is mostly on motorway and let's say 20% is in the city. My style is not aggressive at all.

Should I stay with one a year cam belt replacement or could I stretch it for 2 years? Is the degradation process that severe in a year time?

I do understand peace of mind and costs if anytbing bad will happen. I just don't want to replace it when it could run for another year or two (if any)

Also, I'm getting it serviced every 10k miles. Any harm in going for the long term service interval instead? I'm just thinking about the maintenance costs in a year. To me it goes about 6-8 services a year + cambelt/water pump combo which takes me close to 2000 pounds (so far)

Thanks a lot for your thoughts

0 0 0

9. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Audi spec is 140k miles... or 5 years. Why are they telling you replace after 65k miles?

Are they ‘at it’ as they would appear to be be going against there own spec etc.

Sounds like your style of driving would easily warrant a c2year/130k miles change interval.

Sounds like you could also stretch to the 20k miles service intervals... if... you don’t mind your oil not getting changed for that length period; not for everyone that setup etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

10. Re: Cam belt change interval 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmonster View Post
    Audi spec is 140k miles... or 5 years. Why are they telling you replace after 65k miles?

Are they ‘at it’ as they would appear to be be going against there own spec etc.

Sounds like your style of driving would easily warrant a c2year/130k miles change interval.

Sounds like you could also stretch to the 20k miles service intervals... if... you don’t mind your oil not getting changed for that length period; not for everyone that setup etc etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i just asked another person to check to see what;s the interval for changing cambelts. he confirmed 140k miles
    so the last time i've done it, at about 93k miles, i was "forced sold" that.

also, i was doing my service interval every 10k. i just checked and MMI is displaying Inspection 8800 and next oil change 19000.
    when i bought the car, it came without manuals so i don't know what the INSPECTION means.
    could you help me out pls?

thanks again for your help

0 0 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast