1. Decent Car Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Firstly I've a 2003 A4 FSI SE petrol/ manual as in the avatar in excellent condition, 144k miles with one previous owner and serviced regularly by a local Audi dealer since I bought it last year through Autotrader for £1250 so a real steal. However living in a rural area and not having a garage having ongoing problems with bird droppings, dead leaves, dust, pollen, green felt along the window seals you name it, so I've always made sure that the air vents just below the windscreen have always been covered overnight.

Checked several Amazon replies which said that many car covers blow off in the wind not having elasticated bottoms around the bottom edges, are not breathable or waterproof, tear easily, hopeless in frost and so on so wondered if anyone could recommend a decent cover from their own experience to avoid these problems.

Secondly I've never ever seen another one like mine nearly always being diesel so with an eye on slow diesel death and consequent long term values of petrol models were there many made.... ?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Decent Car Covers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quick update, finally found just what I wanted on Amazon in the link below and ordered a couple of days ago which arrived yesterday so very prompt courier delivery the pics showing an Audi as well. I bought the largest size available (XL) as I might need it to cover other larger things outdoors sometimes so it's a bit longer than the car, so put a heavy stone wrapped in cloth on it to stop it flapping around taking about half an hour or so to do it alone. I would have thought one size or so smaller would be ok for just the car but obviously best to check first.

The only awkward bit is getting the lightweight clip on one end of the strap (secures the bottom side edges) underneath the middle of the car to the other side, but solved it by tying one end of the strap to a long piece of string then tying the other end of the string to a heavy spanner and throwing it across underneath.

Also 1 years' guarantee plus Amazon's back up in case of problems so have to say it's excellent, very well made with pockets for the wing mirrors and a bargain at the price so all in all very pleased indeed. Total cost £24.99 + £7.99 delivery.

Hope this is of some help....

Premium Quality Extra Extra Large Car Cover Waterproof Breathable Protect from Moisture Snow Frost Corrosion Dust Dirt Scrapes - 2 Year Warranty 535 x 178 x 129cm (X-Large): Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

0 0 0