Notices

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    I have no idea if you can control the music on your phone using the head unit
    Worth a try but I don't think it will work. At least not like an iPod/iPhone.

The USB connection is for storage devices (pen drive). It doesn't have control interface for an Android phone. It might recognize the phone as a storage device though which is better than nowt.

1 1 0

2. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash2 View Post
    Worth a try but I don't think it will work. At least not like an iPod/iPhone.

The USB connection is for storage devices (pen drive). It doesn't have control interface for an Android phone. It might recognize the phone as a storage device though which is better than nowt.
    Thanks Flash2. Thought that might be an issue. Still should be able to control via the phone but I guess that could be done via the headphone socket on the phone and aux in Jack socket.

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine View Post
    Yes does show up in stereo just need the right lead now yeah ?

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
    Just make sure the MDI is actually fitted.
    20170511_183215.jpg

The above shows mine in the armrest and you can see the aux in Jack socket beside the handbrake.

But please see above about possible control problems. A simple lead from the phone headphone socket to the aux in may work just as well.

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    Just make sure the MDI is actually fitted.
    20170511_183215.jpg

The above shows mine in the armrest and you can see the aux in Jack socket beside the handbrake.

But please see above about possible control problems. A simple lead from the phone headphone socket to the aux in may work just as well.
    Yep mine looks just like that

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Brilliant. At least you can connect your phone via a cable or maybe load a usb stick up with your music and connect that via an adapter cable to the MDI port. Not Bluetooth but it should be a solution for very little money.

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    USB what's best thing to try buddy that lead you originally said and aux lead or USB

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    This is inside my car

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine View Post
    USB what's best thing to try buddy that lead you originally said and aux lead or USB

I cannot tell you what is best for you, only you can make that decision. The picture you posted shows a lead connected to the MDI port. What connection is on the other end of the lead?
    Options are:
    1. Connect your phone via the headphone socket and lead to the aux in port. Problem with this is that all music control will be via the phone. Biggest issue is that when driving you will have to use your phone to change music and if your spotted doing that then you wiĺl end up with points and a fine.
    2. Connect your phone via and MDI port to micro USB lead. As Flash2 said you still may not be able to control the music via the head unit but it may be possible. If I plug my phone into my computer I am able to navigate through the file structure on the phone to the music and then play it through the computer. No guarantees that this will work with the MDI/head unit but it might. Downside is you may waste £10 or less on a lead if it does not work.
    3. Buy a USB stick and put your music on that. You can copy from the phone to the USB stick via or computer or if your music is on iTunes (or similar) then just copy straight from your computer to the stick. Plug the stick into the MDI port via a suitable adapter (not the micro usb but standard usb). Then the MDI / head unit should find the music so you can control it from the head unit.

Those I think are the options available to you right now so the choice is yours. For me, I would go with 2 or 3 but that is my personal choice, you have to make your own mind up.

Oh, there is option 4. Install a Bluetooth setup but then we go back to the beginning again.

0 1 0

9. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I went for the cable MDI to USB works great just need a bigger USB stick lol Great factory stereo by vw glad I went for this option thanks to you all for all your advice. Right next thing some new floor mats the runs in car are not original keeps getting under break and accelerator pedals lol

0 1 0

10. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Glad to hear your sorted.

0 1 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast