Notices
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    I had an MKi9200 in my old Civic. I would be carefull with second hand kits as they may not have the latest software and may not work correctly with the latest phones. According to the Parrot site the latest version of the 9200 is the mk3. I had the mk2 and it was great on phone calls but occasionally kept resetting the iPod connection but that could have been the iPod itself of course.
    If you are buying second hand make sure it comes with the blue control box as this is not the same as the one you have. Also you need to make sure the whole kit is supplied, screen, controller, parrot wiring loom and cable for the ipod/usb/3mm Jack is included. You may be able to re-use the existing microphone but no guarantees. The wiring interface between the Parrot loom and the back of the VW head unit should be the same so that can probably be re-used.
    As for Bluetooth streaming, I only used this one or two times as I mainly used the hardwired iPod connection but certainly you can control the music from the phone or at least it worked on my HTC one M8 and Samsung S7.
    It may be worth you taking a look at the Parrot website. It is quite good with downloads and a user forum and if you are unsure about doing the install yourself then there are plenty of companies who will do this for you including Halfords but of course that would be for new kits.
    I was thinking it would be easier just to buy an android chinesse stereo with camera etc, instead of trying parrot as you said it may not have the latest software alot to do just to get bluetooth music from android mob to car stereo, also another downside is i will lose display that i use with parking sensors ??
     
    0 0 0
     

  2. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wokingham UK
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    You are going to have to remove and reinstall the stereo anyway whatever you do. Change the Parrot Kit, install VW Bluetooth, new head unit all mean a strip out and reinstall. If you decide on the new head unit plus camera then you are going to have to install the camera, run wires etc. plus you may need an interface cable between the head unit and the VW loom. You say you will loose the parking sensor display which I guess is the VW OPS display. You will probably loose that with the third party head unit but not with the Parrot Kit because I guess it works with the current Parrot Kit and the VW dealer solution is usually a Bury kit that is effectively the same as the Parrot and I believe OPS works with those.

    Choice is yours really. If you are confident in installing a new head unit then the Parrot Kit upgrade should be easy enough. I would do a bit of research on pricing of a new MKi 9200 as it may be cheaper and easier than the new head unit and camera.
     
    0 1 0
     

  3. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wokingham UK
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Sorry, on more thing. Are you sure that the Bluetooth module is not fitted and have you checked that the Bluetooth audio is turned on. Just to be sure try this How To: Streaming Bluetooth Audio with VW RCD 310 Stereo - YouTube
     
    0 0 0
     

  4. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    You are going to have to remove and reinstall the stereo anyway whatever you do. Change the Parrot Kit, install VW Bluetooth, new head unit all mean a strip out and reinstall. If you decide on the new head unit plus camera then you are going to have to install the camera, run wires etc. plus you may need an interface cable between the head unit and the VW loom. You say you will loose the parking sensor display which I guess is the VW OPS display. You will probably loose that with the third party head unit but not with the Parrot Kit because I guess it works with the current Parrot Kit and the VW dealer solution is usually a Bury kit that is effectively the same as the Parrot and I believe OPS works with those.

    Choice is yours really. If you are confident in installing a new head unit then the Parrot Kit upgrade should be easy enough. I would do a bit of research on pricing of a new MKi 9200 as it may be cheaper and easier than the new head unit and camera.
    Yes your right just don't know what to do


    Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  5. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    Sorry, on more thing. Are you sure that the Bluetooth module is not fitted and have you checked that the Bluetooth audio is turned on. Just to be sure try this How To: Streaming Bluetooth Audio with VW RCD 310 Stereo - YouTube
    I have tried that video but as I said earlier in thread no sign of vw Bluetooth box under passenger or drivers seat. And latest parrot works with mob for calls but does not have function for music hence why I am now looking mki9200

    Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  6. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wokingham UK
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Understood, and I saw the history but it was worth double checking just in case someone had installed the Bluetooth module somewhere non standard. I was in the same situation as you when I purchased my Golf. This time around I did not go down the Parrot route as the car has MDI and I plugged my iPod into that so I can control it from the RCD310. For the phone I try to avoid using it in the car and tend to receive calls only so bought a Plantronics earpiece.
     
    0 0 0
     

  7. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    Understood, and I saw the history but it was worth double checking just in case someone had installed the Bluetooth module somewhere non standard. I was in the same situation as you when I purchased my Golf. This time around I did not go down the Parrot route as the car has MDI and I plugged my iPod into that so I can control it from the RCD310. For the phone I try to avoid using it in the car and tend to receive calls only so bought a Plantronics earpiece.
    If mine has MDI can I plug into android mob Samsung s6

    Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  8. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wokingham UK
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yours is a 2009 car and mine is a 2010 so hopefully, if you have MDI fitted it will be in the centre armrest. There should be a 3.5mm or 2.5mm Jack socket on the outside and inside should be the MDI interface with a connector that looks similar to the old iPod connector. I had to buy an interface cable to connect the iPod. Samsung S6 has a micro usb connection I think and you can get MDI to micro usb adapter cables, just Google it. So first, have you got MDI. If yes then get a cable and connect the phone. I have no idea if you can control the music on your phone using the head unit but it might work and will only cost a few quid to find out. Otherwise, plug your phone in via a cable from the phone headphone socket to the Jack socket and control the music from your phone.
     
    0 0 0
     

  9. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Wokingham UK
    Posts
    12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I must be going mad. Quickest check to find out if MDI is fitted is press MEDIA on the head unit. If MDI is fitted then it should show up on the display. If it does, and it is not in the armrest, check the glove box.
     
    0 0 0
     

  10. Re: VW Golf Mk6 blue motion 1.6 factory stereo ? 
    #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    GB
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malsterl View Post
    I must be going mad. Quickest check to find out if MDI is fitted is press MEDIA on the head unit. If MDI is fitted then it should show up on the display. If it does, and it is not in the armrest, check the glove box.
    Yes does show up in stereo just need the right lead now yeah ?


    Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please Help Polo Blue GT ACT 1.4 TSI Blue Motion
    By tuneyo in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-09-2016, 11:09 PM
  2. blue motion rubbish mpg
    By ramsgate in forum Passat - B6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-02-2014, 12:37 PM
  3. Question polo blue motion
    By pwhw in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30-04-2010, 12:31 PM
  4. Blue Motion vs Standard Cars
    By andy8442 in forum Chat - Anything with wheels
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM
  5. golf blue motion
    By a8 tech in forum Chat - Anything with wheels
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




  



Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -