1. Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Ive got a problem with my mk5 golf plus 2l diesel when Ideling the engine is rocking away you can feel the car twitching so far I've changed oil and filters air and fuel filters I'm told it could be clutch / dmf I've also been told it could be cam timing has anyone had this issue and what did you do to correct it the cars done 205k been serviced regularly and wanted for nothing I'm looking for advice as I don't want to replace the clutch and dmf and still have the Issue any advice much appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Check the engine mounts, there is one up the back, you'll need to be under the front of the car to see it.do you have any knocking or rattling that changes when you press the clutch? Another fault on older higher milers is the injector wiring harness breaking down giving misfires. Try to get a diagnostic scan done, a replacement harness is less than 100 quid +fitting. Get diagnostics done before chucking parts at it though.

0 0 0

3. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    It could also be one or more faulty injectors at that mileage. Deciding if one is faulty means carefully studying the measuring block data and then having the courage to call it and decided which one to replace. Avoid non Bosch recon injectors, they are nothing but trouble.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the valuable information just a quick update I have today taken the car to a vw independent garage he took a look and did not seem too concerned he said with miles like 206k it's expected 🤔

0 0 0

5. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Fair enough if you're happy to live with it and it drives ok, might just be soft engine mounts at that age and mileage.

0 0 0

6. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    To be honest I'm not happy for it to be like this but what option do I have when they say it could be normal for a car with that amount of miles I even mentioned to them about the cam timing is it possible for that to be out causing this which they rubbished is it possible for the cam timing to go out over time

0 0 0

7. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I had an 2L PD TDI A4 in yesterday (almost the same engine) from a large multi-brand car sales franchise, we do their VAG problem cars. The thing had only do 60 odd K and two of the injectors were well out of balance and at £1500 for two fitted and set up, it's not nice!

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    See if you can find someone with VCDS or a garage interested in doing some diagnostics and check the injector and torsion values as mentioned by Crasher. There is a VCDS user map link somewhere on this forum
    https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/f...sers-Locations
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayer1 View Post
    To be honest I'm not happy for it to be like this but what option do I have when they say it could be normal for a car with that amount of miles I even mentioned to them about the cam timing is it possible for that to be out causing this which they rubbished is it possible for the cam timing to go out over time

0 0 0

9. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Update I've had the car on vagcom and I've noticed the torsion value to be -3.9 and the fuel fluctuating between 0.4 and 0.6 are these correct as I've read somewhere the torsion should be ideally 0.0 and the fuel 0.6 when at idle and warm any help appreciated I'm having the cam belt and pump replaced next week so I can mention this to the garage

0 0 0

10. Re: Rough idling 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    That does seem lower than recommended values I've seen of 0 to 0.5 and stabilisation is also a bit out ( sorry can't remember what my 1.9 runs at). It could and hoipefully is just the timng being a bit out but Before you go the the cost of getting the belt done, I suggest you remove the plastic camshaft cover (takes 10 minutes) and check the camshaft lobes for wear. If the cam is worn this could be giving you the deviation and may make you rethink the cars future.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast