1. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi guys, still not found any break in the live feed from fuse 5 so thinking of running a new feed from fuse 5 straight to pin 3 on the G395 sensors plug. Any thoughts??

0 0 0

2. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Did you have a feed at the green connector on the LH A pillar coupling station pin 14?
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

3. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi and thanks for your reply. Where abouts is the LH pillar coupling station, what trim do I need to remove to access it?

0 0 0

4. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    can you not do a continuity check from the end of the pin back to the fuse ?

that will tell you straight away if it's a broken core.

if it is, then you can either strip back the loom to check for breaks ( easier said than done when I looked at ! )

or simply run a new core.

Sometimes, with them crappy connectors, it may be worth to check continuity from the PIN, to the other side of the connector, say 2" back from the plug, as the cores break inside the crimp.

This would be a simple fix, new plug & crimps

EDIT, pretty sure these are the ones, as i've replaced some on other VAG cars before ( tons without the socket )

AUDI VW Skoda VAG 3 pin connector plug 1J0973703 and 1J0973803 3D0973703 | eBay

Cheers.
    2007 3.0 tdi S-Line Avant.
    20 inch RS alloys, F/r park distance,S-Line leather, colour coded All road side skirts, Xenons
    Luv it !

0 0 0

5. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rapter View Post
    Hi and thanks for your reply. Where abouts is the LH pillar coupling station, what trim do I need to remove to access it?

You need to remove the small intermediate trim from the LH A pillar and then the lower trim has a screw to remove then it pulls out.

The carpet can be pulled back then to see the coupling station (this is a block of connectors) i have read some where that you maybe able to gain acess if the carpet is removed only.

Have you looked at the wires on the plug at the sensor?
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

6. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks again I will have a look in the next couple of days. I have checked the wiering to the sensor plug and it is all in good order.

0 0 0

7. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for all your help guys I now have a feed to the sensor plug. All it took was to unplug the green connector on the RH pillar and reconnect it. Unfortunately the story goes on, I still have the same problem " 00256 - A/C Pressure/Temperature Sensor (G395)
    008 - Implausible Signal" I'm beginning to think the new sensor that I've fitted is duff. I know the pressure in the system is ok as I've had it re-gassed. So the quest goes on,

0 0 0

8. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The pin 1 from the G395 plug goes to a 10-pin black connector, near left headlight pin 6 this is the earth path.
    The Pin 2 from the G395 plug goes to a 10-pin black connector, near left headlight pin 1 and then to the LH a pillar into a 17 pin black connector pin 14.
    the pin 3 from the G395 plug goes to a 10-pin black connector, near left headlight pin 2 then to the green connector (you have confirmed that this is ok in the last post).

Pm your email address i send you the info.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 1 0

9. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tazman_ View Post
    Just to add fellas, my Audi for a while has reported back an intermittent signal when I did a scan on VCDS ( to clear a fault once I replaced a parking sensor ).

After buying a new updated part on Ebay ( 4HO 959 126B for £35 delivered ), I managed to get it out & fit a new one without removing the poxy bumper...

A bit of wiggling had it out.... anyhow, after looking at the old part, it's obvious that the old steel jacketed case suffers from corrosion, mine had actually split at the bottom ( well out of sight ), such that water had got into it...

Once I fitted a new O ring, reconnected, all faults cleared & voila, ice cold A/C again

Hi Tazman, how did you change it without removing bumper? Was it simply taking the plastic cover off above the radiator and reaching down the side from above? Any tools involved or can these be unscrewed by hand? Also, is it safe to attempt without removing a/c gas first?

0 0 0

10. Re: Air con G395 sensor no vaultage help please 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yup, pretty much so, I think I used a small block of wood to give me some more room, as the hard bit was getting the damn spanner in there !

The ac won't loose any gas as there is an inline Schrader valve that shuts off when you unscrew the old pressure sensor....

No need to remove bumper of headlights.... Just a bit fiddly and be gentle on the fitting, it's only soft aluminum!!!

HTH
    2007 3.0 tdi S-Line Avant.
    20 inch RS alloys, F/r park distance,S-Line leather, colour coded All road side skirts, Xenons
    Luv it !

0 1 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast