On a recent trip my young lad decided to see what happens when he drops a 5p piece down between the rear side window glass and the inner door card/trim. He discovered there's a big enough slot for the coin to fall down into the door. On it's own this isn't the end of the world but the coin has somehow fallen into a slot that's keeping it in an upright position but still allowing it to roll. So every time the car accelerates or brakes the coin rolls forwards and backwards and forwards but because it has a serrated edge it creates a "drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuupppppp" noise every single time!!! I cannot tell you how annoying it is hearing that noise sometimes up to a hundred times or more on a long journey.

I've had enough of it so I spoke to my local garage but they were looking at charging me £150+ to sort it. So I started looking into removing the rear door card (drivers side) myself and getting the offending coin out. Problem is I've looked at it and I don't know where to start. I'm relatively handy (built/re-built motorbikes) but I know doors cards can be a pain and often require special tools to avoid snapping the clips.

That being said I want to have a go but I've looked everywhere online and can't find any info on it at all. So I was hoping someone on here might have removed a rear door card of a Touareg T3 (2015) or knows of a site where there are some instructions on how to sort it.