1. Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. Don't suppose anybody else has picked up a Galaxy S8? Mine arrived yesterday and I'm still getting things set up. Previously using a Galaxy S6. One thing that's not working now is Spotify on Android Auto. When I pick the little headphone icon it opens Google Play Music instead. I'm not sure if this is an issue with compatibility with the phone, Android 7.0 or the new USB type C connector. I have the phone connected to the same MMI cable which is micro USB and have the supplied micro USB -> type C adapter between this and the phone. Really missing my Spotify in the car. Any help appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Try going to the settings for Android Auto when phone is not plugged into car and see if there is a default option for which music service starts. You could also disable Google Play Music in the Application settings of the phone and see if Spotify becomes default.

0 0 0

3. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can change/set the default apps in the settings, just like on your PC. This is for an earlier version of android but I just followed it on my S8 and it is the same.

How to Set Default Apps on Android

0 0 0

4. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Steve I have the S8+ since last Thursday. Connection to AA is ok

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2012 Audi A7 SE, Midnight Blue, MMI Plus with touch, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Head Up Display, Audi Pre-Sense, 2wd 8 speed.

0 0 0

5. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    So a couple of things, the galaxy S8+ does not fit in the wireless charging pad, well in saying that it does fit but very very tight like wedging tight. I'm thinking of cutting a bit of plastic so it fits but then I connect with the cable for AA and Spotify most of the time so perhaps not much Point.

Now when I first connected the phone to AA it didn't work and went crazy but you must have the google app installed as well as Android Auto app and make sure they are up to date. Once I did that next time I plugged it in it worked perfectly and has ever since.

One thing though I don't have AA in full screen on the car MMI but you can fix this by going into the developer settings in the AA app and change setting to 720p. Then you have AA in glorious full screen on the MMI.

2012 Audi A7 SE, Midnight Blue, MMI Plus with touch, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Monitoring, Head Up Display, Audi Pre-Sense, 2wd 8 speed.

0 0 0

6. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Does the phone need to be plugged in for Android Auto then, in the same way as iPhones for CarPlay ? For some reason I thought Android Auto worked wirelessly / bluetooth ?
    Sept 16 Q7 S line 272 - Daytona Grey, Dynamic pack with Adaptive air suspension, Technology pack - HUD , Virtual Cockpit - Audi Phone Box, 21" turbine wheels, Parking pack advanced, Pan sunroof, Black leather, Bose, Matrix LED, Advance key, Driver/Pass elec memory, Ambient lighting, Heated folding door mirrors, flat bottomed steering wheel, Electric folding towbar, Trailer assist, 4 x Quattro Puddle Lights, Thinkware F770 front and rear

0 0 0

7. Re: Galaxy S8 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No has to be plugged in

0 1 0