Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nilli View Post
    I ended up buying a year old q7 without the parking pack and don't have any major regrets. In fact I don't really use the reversing camera either. Perhaps it's because I had an Audi A6 before but I really don't find it difficult to park. The all-wheel steering is useful though...sorry...didn't mean to complicate things further!
    I guess you just have to draw a line somewhere and stick to it. I'm not going to stress any more about option choices / colour - jut going to trust my initial decision.

I was thinking about the all wheel steering but opted for the style pack instead which meant it wasn't an option. I think I will be ok without the top down camera - I am used to parking bigger cars!

0 0 0

2. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWQ7 View Post
    I guess you just have to draw a line somewhere and stick to it. I'm not going to stress any more about option choices / colour - jut going to trust my initial decision.

I was thinking about the all wheel steering but opted for the style pack instead which meant it wasn't an option. I think I will be ok without the top down camera - I am used to parking bigger cars!
    I remember going through that decision too...running boards vs steering...that was another few days agonising...!

For me finding that used car was a big help, that ended all my dilemmas! I have no regrets over the parking options, and really, whatever options you go for you'll love it!

My slight niggle I suppose is the Technology pack, which it doesn't have. It therefore won't connect seamlessly to my android phone for data use (this is called RSAP and a Phone Box feature apparently; I spent some time with Audi trying to figure out why this didn't work!). Instead it's got to use a sim in the glove box or I have to create a wireless hotspot on my phone. That's a bit of a pain, but I've ordered a 2 year 24GB data sim from Amazon for £40, which will do the job when I can't be bothered or forget to turn on the hotspot.
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

3. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I remember going through that decision too...running boards vs steering...that was another few days agonising...!

For me finding that used car was a big help, that ended all my dilemmas! I have no regrets over the parking options, and really, whatever options you go for you'll love it!

My slight niggle I suppose is the Technology pack, which it doesn't have. It therefore won't connect seamlessly to my android phone for data use (this is called RSAP and a Phone Box feature apparently; I spent some time with Audi trying to figure out why this didn't work!). Instead it's got to use a sim in the glove box or I have to create a wireless hotspot on my phone. That's a bit of a pain, but I've ordered a 2 year 24GB data sim from Amazon for £40, which will do the job when I can't be bothered or forget to turn on the hotspot.
    It is tricky deciding. I keep doubting myself which is why I have now decided that I am going with my original choices and not second guessing myself anymore. I dot have the tech pack - do iPhones have the same issues as androids?

0 0 0

4. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    It is tricky deciding. I keep doubting myself which is why I have now decided that I am going with my original choices and not second guessing myself anymore. I dot have the tech pack - do iPhones have the same issues as androids?
    Yep, always go with your first gut instinct!

Well, it's not an "issue" as such, it's just how it is. The MMI doesn't seem to be able to use Bluetooth or a cable for internet connection. With the phone box option and android phone then the car could kind of take control of the phone's sim and use it for all its data needs! But, it's a bit of a security risk so Apple in their wisdom don't allow it and actually this method, RSAP, is being phased out, or so Audi say. I don't know why data over Bluetooth doesn't work ever, but that's just how Audi seem to have done it. With an iPhone or Android, Bluetooth works great for streaming music, but I don't think you'll get an internet connection from you iPhone unless you create a wifi hotspot from your phone, which the car can connect to. Or, put another sim into the reader in the glove box. If you have an iPhone then, as far I can tell, by not have the phone box you're missing out on less since RSAP wouldn't work anyway.
    S-line 272 - Night Black, Dynamic Package, Virtual Cockpit, All Wheel Steering, 21 5-twin-spoke alloy, Heated Rear Seats, Flat bottomed steering wheel, Valcona leather Rotor Grey, Panoramic sunroof, Rear side Airbags, Reversing Camera, Bose

0 0 0

5. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yep, always go with your first gut instinct!

Well, it's not an "issue" as such, it's just how it is. The MMI doesn't seem to be able to use Bluetooth or a cable for internet connection. With the phone box option and android phone then the car could kind of take control of the phone's sim and use it for all its data needs! But, it's a bit of a security risk so Apple in their wisdom don't allow it and actually this method, RSAP, is being phased out, or so Audi say. I don't know why data over Bluetooth doesn't work ever, but that's just how Audi seem to have done it. With an iPhone or Android, Bluetooth works great for streaming music, but I don't think you'll get an internet connection from you iPhone unless you create a wifi hotspot from your phone, which the car can connect to. Or, put another sim into the reader in the glove box. If you have an iPhone then, as far I can tell, by not have the phone box you're missing out on less since RSAP wouldn't work anyway.
    TBH I only really need music / phone connection so hopefully I won't have any issues!

0 0 0

6. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    TBH I only really need music / phone connection so hopefully I won't have any issues!
    You'll be fine then! Though the traffic updates are handy, and really accurate down to 1 minute hold ups at temporary traffic lights on B roads. But it's a novelty to me and I'm learning of new features each day! :-)

0 0 0

7. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    You'll be fine then! Though the traffic updates are handy, and really accurate down to 1 minute hold ups at temporary traffic lights on B roads. But it's a novelty to me and I'm learning of new features each day! :-)
    TBH the traffic updates also sound handy. So are you saying I will need a separate SIM card in the glove box to use that feature if I have an iPhone? Sorry - the features of the MMI are still a bit unclear to me.

0 0 0

8. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    TBH the traffic updates also sound handy. So are you saying I will need a separate SIM card in the glove box to use that feature if I have an iPhone? Sorry - the features of the MMI are still a bit unclear to me.
    I've had my Q7 for 3 or 4 weeks and it's still unclear to me...and I work with this kind of stuff!

If you have an iPhone, you can create a WiFi hotspot on your phone and the MMI can connect to that. If you do that, you won't need another SIM. The MMI will then connect to the WiFi and use your phone to get to the internet and it can also create it's own hotspot for other people in the car.

However, it's a bit "fiddly" having to remember to create the WiFi hotspot every time, so I'm going to use a pre-loaded data SIM (in glovebox) for most shorter journeys and use the hotspot for the longer ones.

I'd love it if someone could correct me, but as far as I can tell even though using the phone's bluetooth for Internet access would be the most sensible route, it's not the one Audi are going down!

0 0 0

9. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I was looking at the details of my order again and I see that it says that I get "Audi connect infotainment (3 yr subscription) with embedded sim" included. Does that resolve the MMI issues you are talking about?

0 0 0

10. Re: Ordering today? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    I was looking at the details of my order again and I see that it says that I get "Audi connect infotainment (3 yr subscription) with embedded sim" included. Does that resolve the MMI issues you are talking about?
    The embedded SIM will give you access to all Audi Connect Services BUT you can't hotspot it for phones and tablets to stream from unless you buy a data pack from the online offer that comes up

0 0 0

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast