1. Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Crikey guys, i bet you lot are getting a bit bored of me now? - infact, dont answer it, i have a better question.

3ltr Quattro 245
    3ltr Quattro AR 272
    3ltr Quattro BiTDI

I dont think i fancy the higher running costs of the BiTDI but will i regret it given that one is in the budget?
    And...
    My Daily commute is 3-4 Miles (for now) and i am on the road every weekend with the family on a Saturday and fishing on a Sunday.

What are your thoughts and why.

0 0 0

2. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    None of those, I'd choose a 3.0 TFSI all day long, no DPF worries then with the short journeys during the week.

Diesel is only beneficial if you're doing long journeys every day.

1 1 0

3. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I would say for 3 to 4 mile commute 3.0 tfsi as well. Diesel will not get warm.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Doesnt appear that i can get a petrol Avant unless its the S6 / RS6 - PS, i often use my car for work traveling to client sites.

0 0 0

5. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by asr View Post
    I would say for 3 to 4 mile commute 3.0 tfsi as well. Diesel will not get warm.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    You've got to find a 3.0 TFSI first 😃
    They aren't available new any more - the last A6 TFSIs will be 2012 vintage while A7s were available until about a year ago.

For the last few months I've had a very short commute in the week (~5 mins) and haven't had any problems with the dpf on my 2.0, though if I notice it's doing a regen I'll extend my journey to let it finish.

I've driven an A6 245 and A7 TFSI - both were buttery smooth and quiet although didn't feel that much faster compared to mine (probably deceptive). I'd expect the BiTDI to be more dramatic but have yet to drive one.

If you want outright performance the BiTDI is the obvious choice. If you want a refined cruiser that's brisk when you need it then stick with the 245/272 - I can't imagine there's a huge difference between them, though I think only the 272 is EU6, which might be useful in a few years time.

Or just buy an S6? 😈

0 0 0

6. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    There was no 272 2013/14. This replaced the 245 in 2014/15.

0 0 0

7. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have a A6 Allroad 2014 with the 245 in it .had it remapped and is now about 285-290 so a nice balance between the 245 and the 320.
    and the extra Nu is a help with overtaking

0 0 0

8. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP V6 View Post
    I have a A6 Allroad 2014 with the 245 in it .had it remapped and is now about 285-290 so a nice balance between the 245 and the 320.
    i am looking at the All Road's - what are the benefits? is it just the Air suspension and higher presence? also, the Allroad looks like it has the SE seats?

0 0 0

9. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLP V6 View Post
    Did the gearbox cope ok? The s-tronic is supposedly limited to 600nm (hence the traditional auto box in the bitdi).
    Quote Originally Posted by sh4d0w View Post
    i am looking at the All Road's - what are the benefits? is it just the Air suspension and higher presence? also, the Allroad looks like it has the SE seats?
    The air suspension is the main one, and more rugged styling. There's no SE/S-line spec with the allroad so they're basically A6 SE spec as standard inside and everything else is optional.

0 0 0

10. Re: Another engine question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    The allroad has additional under body protection (bash plates front and rear), and additional driveselect modes. In "allroad" mode it changes the behaviour of the drive train to cope with mud / snow better. There is also a hill descent system (if you feel the need for such a thing) and a tilt angle display ... few people will ever need that stuff but it's part of the package. It's not just an A6 with air suspension...it is intended to be more capable off road but obviously not a Land Rover
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast