Hi,

I'm new here. Just bought myself a 2002 A4 Avant 1.9TDI. It's a high miler but been well maintained from what I can tell from the service history and is in good nick for its age. My last car was an 02 Fabia Classic 1.9 SDI so it's a dream by comparison.

It's got a few small issues so I may be posting a fair bit over the next few weeks as I gradually get to know the car and its quirks; be patient with me if I ask stupid questions as I am a relative newbie in terms of car maintenance. I've done basic jobs such as a service, changing brake discs and pads, shock absorbers etc but not major work so still a lot to learn.

The issue I'm looking to deal with initially is the problem with the rear number plate light fitting rusting and the moulding it fits into being corroded to the point of needing replacing. I know a few people on this site have had the same problem and I've read a couple of threads on here about how to deal with that, which have been really helpful.

What I want to know is where the best place to source a replacement moulding from would be? I've tried searching ebay and there doesn't seem to be anything; can I only get it through Audi themselves or can someone like Andrew Page/GSF get them? Is it worth trying Motorhog or other breakers?

Thanks very much,

Alex