1. Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where the front pad warning wiring goes to? It seems to disappear into the engine bay....

My warning light comes on (turning left usually triggers it). Front pads are fine, I've replaced the sensor, and replaced the rear pads that were low-ish. I can only surmise that there is a dodgy connector or break in the wiring harness. Just need to find the other end to test.
    All hints and tips gratefully received.

0 0 0

2. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    When Audi did my rear pads couple months ago they said that I had corrosion on the front wiring harness for the pad wear sensors and ABS sensors, they listed a repair harness for about £70. I will have a look through my paperwork later to see if I can find it. In my case it wasn't a corroded harness they just left one of the sensors unplugged.

The sensors appear to be a loop of wire that breaks connection when worn through. So try a known bit of good wire and plug it into sensor plug to see if fault goes.

I had a slight lip on my discs and it was enough to wear away the wire and trigger the fault. I replaced my pads with Bosch ones from eurocarparts and they came with new pad wear sensor.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

3. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've already fitted a new sensor (although it turns out there was nothing wrong with the old). The problem is with the wiring that the sensor plugs into that disappears into the engine bay. I need to find the other end of it to be able to test....anyone know where it goes?

0 0 0

4. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello . I replaced that wiring on my car recently ... te repair harnest for my car was . 4g0972251e

I you have any questions just ask

0 0 0

5. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

6. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I know this thread is old but I thought it might be helpful to have my solution to the problem on the web in case anyone else searches for it in the future. My car was a 2008 B8 8K A4 but I think it's relevant here too as the wiring harness looks the same.

I had this problem where the wires that lead to the brake sensor in the latter part of the harness were corroded when I chopped off the faulty sensor (totally black!) so twisting them together wouldn't work. I either had the option of replacing the wiring harness or finding another solution. The expense of the new harness and the faff taking off wheel arch covers and pulling the cable through, etc made me decide to do the latter. I didn't know where the cable led to inside the car so I jacked the car up so that the wheel dropped (could have removed the wheel but found that unnecessary) and then I followed the cable up to the top of the wheel arch and unclipped the two clips that were holding the cable up (pushed the clips through from the engine bay side). This released the cable which at this stage has four wires inside - two for the brake pad sensor and two for the ABS. I carefully scratched off the plastic sheath of the cable to reveal these wires. I left the yellow and red untouched (they are the ABS wires) and snipped the brown and black wires then joined together the brown and black wires together. I decided to solder but a clip would be fine. I then taped up the cable and fastened it to the engine bay again.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

0 1 0

7. Re: Front brake pad sensor wiring 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    I have the same problem now
    A6 c7 2.0 2013

Managed to unplug te abs and looked at some online diagrams too but they won't match my connector

The diagram I was looking at its saying g that pin9 has my pads sensors , but my connector doesn't have a pin 9 cable

What am I doing wrong here?

Screenshot_20230321_140213_Gallery.jpg

20230321_121342.jpg

EDIT: NVM, pads don't go to ABS
    Attached Images
    Last edited by johnro79; 07-04-2023 at 06:35 AM.

0 0 0