Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    This is their line:

This is due to the fact that the forward facing camera is believed to be wired into or attached to the J159 control unit. There are faults logged for cam communication, we believe this due to the camera being fitted into this circuit.

It would be advised that the camera is removed from this control unit or circuit and wired into the fuse box at the side of the dash.

I will speak to Chameleon tomorrow and see what they say.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

2. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    It would be advised that the camera is removed from this control unit or circuit and wired into the fuse box at the side of the dash.
    I think I saw a few youtube videos about DIY dash-cam in Q7 and all seem taking the power from side of the dash.

0 0 0

3. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUsers View Post
    I think I saw a few youtube videos about DIY dash-cam in Q7 and all seem taking the power from side of the dash.
    I have DIY:ed my dashcam (Mobius) install, and tapped the rear view mirror for power (using this guide as base). As far as I could find, there are no accessory switched fuses in the side-of-dash fusebox, only constant power ones; you need to go down to the lower fuse box for those. Of course, mine is an LHD model, so YMMV. Also, if you're looking for always-on power, this is not an issue.

I also just had the update done, and they said nothing about the camera; even though I'm sure they noticed it, as they disconnected it while doing the update (I checked the recording, and saw them point at it before it lost power :P ).

- Pud.0

0 1 0

4. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Chameleon are coming to look at it next week so will see what they say. I think Audi saw errors from the MMI which made them look into it and find where the cam was getting its power.

Just saw that Thinkware have released the F800 now too. Looks like it’s got an embedded sim so can send text alerts.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

5. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Chameleon have checked the wiring and they don’t believe there is any issue. They’ve provided photos of how the dashcam is wired.

Sounds like it would be easier just to unplug it a couple of days before it next goes in!

Given there’s no noticeable benefit of the upgrade and none of the faults I know of have been fixed, doesn’t seem much point anyway.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

6. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    Chameleon have checked the wiring and they don’t believe there is any issue. They’ve provided photos of how the dashcam is wired.

Sounds like it would be easier just to unplug it a couple of days before it next goes in!

Given there’s no noticeable benefit of the upgrade and none of the faults I know of have been fixed, doesn’t seem much point anyway.
    Thats a bit pants mate and no reason why Audi are being funny

and your right about the bugs the 4m has been out 2 years now and don't looks like much has been fixed
    shame as there real nice cars

Hope you get things sorted mate
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    My 07-2016 (German) Q7 E-Tron visited the dealer for a few days to get some warranty work done. I had some awkward behavior from the MMI (loosing my Audi Connect Username and Password and restarts). Yesterday the dealer called me to inform me that they needed the car another day because they were waiting for an SD-card for a bigger update.

Before leaving the car I had the 0678 software version. After picking up this is still the same. Does this mean that the update was not completed? Although my car is a 2016 car my VIN is WAUZZZ4M1HD. Does this mean I have an early 2017 build with 2016 software?

0 0 0

8. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Not necessarily. If you had the update to 0976 you would see it. But, there are other bug fixes to the mmi which don't change you software version level so I suspect they applied one of those instead.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

9. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks Andy!

0 1 0

10. Re: (S)Q7 MIB2 MMI Official Update - April 2017 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,
    I have combined damage on my 2016 q7 4m with update of mmi to 0976.
    I have try to book an appointment with my dealer for update but it was not possible before January.
    not wanting to wait i have try to update manually update yourself with the hidden menu and the 4M0906961AF memory card.
    Now i have the system with 0976 but i have one problem with my 47 (Sound system} - J525 MIB2_amp_PD SW: 4M0035223C HW: 4M0035223. Works all except for the audio: nothing is heard.
    With the vcp i have see that there is an error on my sound system:
    Adressword : 47 (Sound system} - J525 MIB2_amp_PD
    VAG n. : SW: 4M0035223C HW: 4M0035223
    Version SW : 0440

# Codifica : 0135060A008AF53AAF0000010000

ASAM: UDS, EV_AMPMst16C4Gen2BOSE 001001
    DATASET: 4M1909510C

>>> Errori trovati

000249 (B13AB01) Altoparlanti, canale 12 Guasto el. (Bass speaker, channel 12, open circuit (DC diagnostics))
    000640 (B201200) Record di dati inverosimile (Control module (data record download) - implausible data record for sound audio parameters)
    000663 (NO_DATA) Nessuna descrizione nel contenitore ODX (-)
    000664 (NO_DATA) Nessuna descrizione nel contenitore ODX (-)
    there is i way to resolve this problem without having to go to the dealer?
    I have read that possible to rewrite the conteneir odx with VCP system. it's true? I hope yes!
    Thanks for any help.....

Piero

0 0 0

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast