Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello,

I have the 6cd changer in the glovebox, but no other connectors.

MY2005, has Bose, analogue TV and radio, but also av1 and av2 selection.

I also have a spare Parrot kit from my previous car (Subaru Legacy) but have been advised that will not work, as A8 is fibre optic?

Apologies, I may sound daft here, if I pull out the cd changer will the aux inputs for av1 and av2 be at the back of the cd changer?

All I want to do is play music via aux or external hard drive or Bluetooth and want the easiest and possibly cheapest way to do it.

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: music play 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tidiest way is probably to dump the CD changer and fit an AMI unit in it's place which will enable IPOD or external hard drive through the MMI. You need the most up to date MMI software for it to work though (which is no big drama).

My 2004 D3 didn't have factory bluetooth and had a parrott kit installed for the phone which worked fine (through the car speakers but not in any way controlled through the MMI or steering wheel controls). A8 is fibre optic but obviously speakers are analogue so I suspect my Parrott must have been patched into the front speakers downstream of the amplifier. Note my parrott was just telephone - I installed an AMI unit for IPOD (in addition to the changer in fact but this is more involved physically and requires coding).

1 1 0

Similar Threads

1. How to play music from iPhone 5 through Bluetooth?
    By Timpey in forum Audi A4 - B6 Forum - 2002 - 2005
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 10:21 PM
  2. How to play iTunes music through SD-Card
    By Dutch Paddy in forum In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 08:31 PM
  3. How do you play & store your music in a mk 7 Golf?
    By rapport25 in forum Golf MK7 - 2013 - 2019
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-01-2014, 02:02 PM
  4. RNS-D - does the CD drive play music?
    By Grant in forum In Car Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-10-2008, 09:23 PM
  5. If Music be the Food of Love, Play on!
    By Dudey Head in forum Chat - Completely Off Topic
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 22-08-2008, 05:10 PM