Notices

User Tag List

Thread: With a new A6 on the horizon...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Would you buy an A6 now?
    I am thinking of replacing my 2013 2.0Tdi with a facelift BE as prices seem pretty good at present.
    I've looked at other cars such as Skoda and BMW but keep coming back to the A6.
    Do we think the new one will hit used values hard on the current model?

0 0 0

2. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Would you buy an A6 now?
    I am thinking of replacing my 2013 2.0Tdi with a facelift BE as prices seem pretty good at present.
    I lease my cars, so not bothered about used values. But the new A6 would need to be a lot different to the current one, to have kept up with the competition.
    Unless your looking at a Quattro version

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant S Line Black Edition 2.0L Auto Quattro - Glacier, 20" Wheels, MMI High, Matrix LED's, Phone Box, Sport Diff

Traded - 2012 A5 3.0 Auto S Line (Non-Quattro) - Did 116k miles in this one

0 1 0

3. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Would you buy an A6 now?
    Depends how long you plan to keep it. In the first couple of years of the new model there will be few available second hand so the only recent used A6s will be C7s and thus secondhand values will remain fairly firm (not saying there won't be some impact but not major). As your current car is a 2013 model I suspect the bigger impact on secondhand value will be on that car as it is Euro5 and therefore likely to get caught up in the increasing "Dirty Diesel" initiatives being planned around the country, making Euro5 diesels dramatically less popular to the trade

0 2 0

4. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Tricky one, values will take a hit when the new one arrives, but the deals that are on offer at the moment reflect that, Audi know that to sell cars against the new 5 series and e class they need to be pushing the boat out.
    If you like the present A6 then you will get a stonking deal, if you wait for the new one, expect to pay more!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 2 0

5. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    With the current one there's more standard equipment as well compared to the first c7s. You would think by the end of life all the tech is tried and tested as well compared to a new one so it should be trouble free in the long run.

1 1 0

6. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I had the same decision to make and at the end I decided to get current A6 to replace my 2012 A6.
    The reasoning in my case was, most likely new model will be unveiled in the middle of 2018, with first cars being delivered by the 3rd quarter - might change between regions. Almost for sure it will be more expensive. As A6S pointed above, it is likely it will have some gremlins, while current tech is well ironed. Nobody can say for sure, but most like the looks will be similar to the new A8, with Virtual Cockpit and whatever driving aides they'll be able to get from A8 without sacrificing too much.
    There are also talks about new 3.0 petrol engine, possibly high voltage electronic, who knows what else.

0 1 0

7. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    and the current SE is a bargain, with discount I got mine for the same price as an A4

0 0 0

8. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    The car I was looking at ended up being mis-described so it's a no go. No memory seats as specified and damaged alloys plus 1200 miles on it more than was advertised.
    Back to the trawl of ads again...

0 0 0

9. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I've just bought a brand new Avant BE biturbo with a few options (Tech pack advanced, parking pk advanced, ambient leds, advanced key, matrix led, smart phone int) and had a similar quandary. The main driving force behind my purchase was 1. The fact I got a new Ford Focus amount discounted off it; 2. The new car tax which will equate to at least £700 extra if I keep it for 3 years; and 3. I needed a new car now.
    Also, by the time the New A6 Avant will be available it would probably be 2 years from now and I'll be getting close to changing mine again, and I really struggled to find anything I liked this time around which had performance and space.

Finally, the future of diseasal is unclear and I initially took mine on finance to get the Audi deposit contribution, and have since decided to keep the finance going as at the end of the 3 years, I have the option to hand it back which given the uncertainty around diesels, I think I'll keep that in my back pocket in case the market drops out for these cars.
    With the older diesels right now, you've either got to decide to cut and run whilst the residuals haven't yet been too affected, or hope some kind of scrappage scheme for diesels compensates enough to help you change... but in your case, you probably won't qualify with a 2013 car... so I'd get shot, take finance or lease to avoid the day of reckoning which is coming which will ruin residual values of used diesels.

I've got an old 2005 CRV for towing/mucky stuff and my plan now is to keep that until a scrappage scheme comes along and hopefully use the extra value to get that oil burner off the road into something more environmentally friendly... maybe a new Mustang 5.0 petrol for example

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 1 0

10. Re: With a new A6 on the horizon... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have just bought a 9 month old demo A6 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra 190 from Audi Main Dealer - I would have liked a few more toys on it like tech pack etc, but in the end I decided to go for Euro 6, but main driver was my old A6 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra 170 Special Edition had reached 6 years old, only 37.5 K and still superb car, but I knew any forthcoming repair bills would be big - not that I was expecting any, or that I have had any problems with my old car - apart from emissions issue (which I had fixed at main dealer). Was really sad to see my old one go, but price to change was £14K so for over 5 years with my old car for that money no complaints.

The new car has 19" wheels like old one, but tyre profile is 50 versus 45, and it is a much comfier car with less hard suspension. Had it just over a week and very happy with it.

Old one was blue - and my new one is blue - that's what I like - but the blue ones are harder to find.
    Old one had Bose sound system - new one has std sound system - but every bit as good I would say. Old one had MMI Nav - this one has SD card - but not noticing any difference, other than improved driver information system.

In January I almost bought a 66 plate demo E Class 200 premium plus - really glad now I did not and stuck with the Audi - no toys like the E class - but I am about £10K at least better off and will not lose so much in depreciation.
    2016 Audi A6 C7 - 2.0 TDI Sline Ultra - Moonlight Blue - No Tech Packs

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast