1. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    With regards to lighting, when I fitted my westaflia towbar to my 2012 a6 avant the lights didn't work until the unit had been programmed. I had side lights and brake lights on trailer board but nothing else. Once coded all worked fine for me, the indication of trailer lights is not a beep but is an additional indicator light on the binnacle.
    2012 A6 Avant SE 3.0TDi Multitronic

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm just about to embark on this retrofit.

I found a swivel bar on ebay, due to land tomorrow and mow I am looking for the other bits to complete. The interface cable looks like needing to be Wibutec. That's fair enough. You said you got a genuine control module for 112. Where? Second hand are like rocking horse poo and new are 258 from a main *******. Roughly the same as wibutec.

I do have vcds abut am a bit of a novice. If I can get it all together and working I'll put up with not having the status lights on the release lever working, but if I can get that working to then that's a bonus. Last thing I read from you last weekend was that you were missing supplies to he interface module and no trailer lights worked. What did you find there?

Wish me luck!

Any guidance offered gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebrannigan View Post
    Hi, I'm just about to embark on this retrofit.

I found a swivel bar on ebay, due to land tomorrow and mow I am looking for the other bits to complete. The interface cable looks like needing to be Wibutec. That's fair enough. You said you got a genuine control module for 112. Where? Second hand are like rocking horse poo and new are 258 from a main *******. Roughly the same as wibutec.

I do have vcds abut am a bit of a novice. If I can get it all together and working I'll put up with not having the status lights on the release lever working, but if I can get that working to then that's a bonus. Last thing I read from you last weekend was that you were missing supplies to he interface module and no trailer lights worked. What did you find there?

Wish me luck!

Any guidance offered gratefully received.

Thanks

Dave
    Good luck! I gave up on mine and just use my other car with a towbar when I need to tow or throw the bike in the boot.

I keep meaning to double check the wiring but haven't had the time.

I've actually for a second control module for the face lift A6. I bought a 2nd one assuming it was the module that was faulty but it turned out both modules work perfectly, so it has to be a wiring issue.

My problem was the wibutec wiring instructions didn't 100% match my cars wiring (2017 model with ACC etc). Wibutec have offered to help out via email but so far I've not had the change to pull the interior apart again to access all the wiring and control panel.

I wish you luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Don't suppose you want to sell one of the modules then do you? ...If you can guarantee it's good... hard enough without having suspect hardware so understand why you got a second one to rule it out.

Mines a facelift from mid 2015.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davebrannigan View Post
    Don't suppose you want to sell one of the modules then do you? ...If you can guarantee it's good... hard enough without having suspect hardware so understand why you got a second one to rule it out.

Mines a facelift from mid 2015.
    Yes most likely. Audi checked both modules and they were fine. Problem must therefore be with the wiring on mine.

Happy to sell the brand new one I got with the invoice. Not sure if it has a warranty, I'd have to check my paperwork

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok well check and let me know what you find. I have two other cars with bars so no rush to get this done, but project on!

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I now have my bar and my Wibutec harness but still haven't got a module. Have you decided whether you want to sell one of yours, and if so what do you want for it?

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234