Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    I'm using all genuine Audi parts with the exception of the wiring kit that I got from Wibutec - but that uses all the genuine Audi connectors.

Part number is 4G8907383B

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's the same part number I'm using. Do you have VCDS? If so would you be able to post a full auto scan please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I don't have VCDS yet, it's the only thing that didn't turn up on time so I've fitted the towbar and wiring and will do the coding when it arrives.

I'll do a full scan too then if I can work out how.

Do you have ACC? Mine says it's not available... wondering if that is because the coding hasn't been done. There were lots of radar and weird bits behind the bumper

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSRed View Post
    I don't have VCDS yet, it's the only thing that didn't turn up on time so I've fitted the towbar and wiring and will do the coding when it arrives.

I'll do a full scan too then if I can work out how.

Do you have ACC? Mine says it's not available... wondering if that is because the coding hasn't been done. There were lots of radar and weird bits behind the bumper

Hi, no sorry I've only got the normal cruise control. I didn't have anything behind the bumper apart from the parking sensor connectors.

Well done for doing the retro fit.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I've just unplugged the can bus plug (the little black one) and the ACC works again. Must just need coding as there were 4 sensors behind the bumper (see picture) so must be a safety feature so it doesn't think there is something behind when a trailer it attached.

Thanks! It was pretty straight forward. The worst part was taking all the interior trim panels off. I broke a couple of clips trying to get access to the convenience control unit, but glued them back on and all is good.

Just hoping the VCDS is simple as that's the last bit to do and hopefully it will work... I tested it earlier and I'm not getting any lights on my bike carrier, although the pins don't all match up in the connectors. Have you got a photo of your tow bar plug so I can check my pins are in the right place. I heard sometimes they're set up to Europe not the UK so need adapting.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    No I wouldn't expect it to work yet.

VCDS Is fairly straight forward but you can also potentiality do some damage with it if you don't take care. I'm sure you will be fine.

You will need to add the new trailer module to the canbus so the canbus knows about the trailer module.

Then code the parking sensors so they know not to constantly beep when a trailer is connected.

Then code the central electrics module to tell it about the trailer module. I think there is also some coding for the convenience module.

Then there is coding for the ABS module. This performs a type of trailer stabalisation through the cars traction control / ABS.

There is also an option in the engine module to tell it about the trailer module.

I've done all of that and it works a treat. Trailer lights all work and I've been using the car to tow recently. I just can't get that bloody status light in the boot to work!

Between us though we've done it!

I don't have a photo of my socket but will take one tomorrow and post it here for you.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hi JSRed,

As requested.....

Pin 1 - Green / Yellow
    Pin 2 - Brown / Blue
    Pin 3 - Brown
    Pin 4 - Blue / Green
    Pin 5 - Brown / Red
    Pin 6 - Black / Red
    Pin 7 - Grey / White
    Pin 8 - Black / Yellow
    Pin 9 - Red / Yellow
    Pin 10 - Red / White
    Pin 11 - Brown
    Pin 12 - NOT CONNECTED
    Pin 13 - Brown

0 1 0

8. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dtwort View Post
    Hi JSRed,

As requested.....

Pin 1 - Green / Yellow
    Pin 2 - Brown / Blue
    Pin 3 - Brown
    Pin 4 - Blue / Green
    Pin 5 - Brown / Red
    Pin 6 - Black / Red
    Pin 7 - Grey / White
    Pin 8 - Black / Yellow
    Pin 9 - Red / Yellow
    Pin 10 - Red / White
    Pin 11 - Brown
    Pin 12 - NOT CONNECTED
    Pin 13 - Brown
    Thanks for this. I'll take the plug apart at some point and check all is correctly wired. Hopefully I'll also get it coded this week.

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    On a side note, with the Audi towbars being new on your car I would put some grease on the threaded portion/adjuster where the cable enters the swivel area or anything else you prefer. I've come across a few Audis now where the thread & nut has corroded so much it's not been salvagable. No amount of heat or release agent helps and it's a pain in the backside. The corrosion appears to enter the cable housing and restricts the cable. Eventually to the point of stopping the cable completely.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 MY17 Tow Bar Retrofit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playasyougo View Post
    On a side note, with the Audi towbars being new on your car I would put some grease on the threaded portion/adjuster where the cable enters the swivel area or anything else you prefer. I've come across a few Audis now where the thread & nut has corroded so much it's not been salvagable. No amount of heat or release agent helps and it's a pain in the backside. The corrosion appears to enter the cable housing and restricts the cable. Eventually to the point of stopping the cable completely.
    Thanks for this. It sounds like a good tip!

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast