Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I have a very strange problem with my 2015 Polo 6C 1.2 105ps SEL DSG. When driving around town, the usual stop start kind of driving, the cabin ventilation works just fine, air flow is good and heating/cooling works fine. However, when I go for long drive down the motorway I encounter this strange problem where the cabin ventilation seems to slowly close up and become obstructed, after about 50 miles I find the air flow has become completely obstructed. I have tried switching it to recirculate but still get no air flow, same goes for turning on the air conditioning and switching between vents, floor, windscreen etc, all setting experience the same problem. The odd thing is, once I have been pulled over for a few minutes, the vents open up and return to normal operation. The fan it working fine, it is moving air around just fine, but from the sound it makes it appears to be blowing air into a dead end.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? I have had it to the dealer and they said they were baffled by the symptoms I described, they couldn't recreate the problem because it requires about 45 minutes driving on the motorway for the symptoms to appear. I am also baffled, I can only assume it has something to do with air being forced into the air intake as a result of travelling at motorway speeds, however I would have thought this would cause a problem further up the ventilation system, and the recirculate function would still work.

Anybody got any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Polo model 6C 2015 Cabin Ventilation Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    PM me your cars reg number please.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Polo model 6C 2015 Cabin Ventilation Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I can't see anything pertinent in the known faults listing I have stored off line but it will be better for me to check the live ELSAPRO listings and for that I have to log on at 10 Euro an hour so I will keep your details to hand and next time I log in for a customers car, I will try and get time to check. I have to log in later but that is for Audi, I don't have a VW login planned at the moment but that can change.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0