Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I hadn't used the car for over a week and found the battery totally dead this morning, to the extent where the glazing on the doors wouldn't drop and I could even lock it up. i'm certain the route cause of the drain of the battery was a setting on my dashcam power settings whilst in parking mode which I have reset hopefully.

Anyway it jumps started instantly with the RAC and their jump start power pack thing which I may invest in for myself that way I won't have to sit in the car if it happens again.

So following this the spoiler has popped up and not go down with the Spoiler system failure warning in the driver display and the navigation map is all over the place and wont pick up my current location (stuck in some part of London)

any help please,
    Audi A7 (2012), Black Edition 245 PS Tiptronic, Phantom Black

0 0 0

2. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Haven't had battery issues with this car but have had plenty with my previous (X5), and my experience was that (non-essential) electronics used to go all over the place due to low battery.

Horrible messages like 'transmission in fail-safe', 'self level. Susp. Inactive' were all too common.

They all used to reset themselves when the battery came back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 0 0

3. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks,

yes I had lots of light flashing including tyre pressure sensor warning and the needles on the dials twitching and then dead,

the navigation map issue is still annoying me, I drove to the midlands 117miles after the jump start so the battery should be fine but the spoiler is still up and map stuck, however after selecting a destination the miles of the journey come up in the driver display correctly, is there a reset or anything I can do?

0 0 0

4. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Try the MMI reset?

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

5. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    yes, I have reset the MMI and the map came back up the same.

I have changed the starting point location to where I am currently, it was previously Princes Riseborough for some reason I know I didn't put this in, so the map looks good now, and hopefully the map moves with the car if that makes sense,

I will admit I rely on the nav a lot so this is an important one for me, the cars still under warranty so if the spoiler still doesn't sort itself out I will book it in for a check up and mmi update

0 0 0

6. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Sure I read somewhere about disconnecting the battery for 30 mins resets things. You loose radio presets etc but may be worth a shot?

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

7. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tips, Map works fine now, spoiler still up and error showing of system failure, I may book it in as I have warranty and hopefully the battery doesn't drain again as ive changed the dashcam setting.

Also bought a Clarke jumpstarter just incase, being unable to even secure the car was worrying

0 0 0

8. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    So the dealer had the car for the day and on collection advised there is a likely a fault in the wiring loom regarding the rear spoiler and the MMI/DAB module. ive been told the wire is long the roof and the headlining will need to be removed! so the spoiler is still up and the NAV is ok for now however my DAB is intermittent.

they also advised my battery had low charge which I was surprised by, I don't use the car daily however that morning I did a 90mile trip to the dealer in Leicester so I thought the alternator would be charging the battery enough? this is also why my dashcam is not doing its48hr parking recording function as it detects the battery is reaching its critical present level. So should I get a trickle charger? and if anyone has used one can you connect a trickle charger to the nodes under the bonnet or would it have to be directly onto the battery?

Will send an update on the works next week, cant say I'm pleased about the headlining having to be removed, I will do my best to inspect the car properly on collection,

0 0 0

9. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I think we spoke about my cam on another thread but I have a Thinkware cam also with parking mode that shuts down on low voltage and/or after 48 hours etc etc but no issues here.
    What I have done however is trickle charged the battery once when I got the car. Previous A6 after a similar issue to yours with other cams meant I generally now do a trickle charge over a weekend if I'm not going anywhere which currently is once or twice a month

Assuming you have voltage settings to shut down the cam on, what setting is it on? I think I set mine on 11.8v from memory

In regards to trickle charging points, I use the ones under the bonnet. The negative (slightly lower down) is fine putting the clamp on horizontally but the positive is a pain as it's difficult to keep the clamp on and keep it flat. In the A6 I did hardwire a cable/adaptor to the battery from the boot however I found unless I buy an extension for that cable, it won't reach the plug socket in the carport so I just use the bonnet ones for now and shut the bonnet
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

10. Re: Navigation and Spoiler Issue after Flat Battery 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    i believe mine is set on 12.1, no less and the camera is now off less than 24hrs into parking mode.

I think I will look into the trickle charger, don't know whats happened for the battery/charge to deplete as I had no issues around 6 weeks ago.

is there an easy way I can check the voltage of the battery? and what should a healthy battery voltage be?

Cheers,

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast