1. Re: DPF Light, Flashing Glow Plug Light & Engine Management Light on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i had a few of these come in to the workshop. Most of the time the DPF pressure sensor was faulty (common) but in this case a regen was required (tried a spare working sensor i had and it was the same) . word of advice, if the DPF light comes on get your car on the motor way as soon as you can drive in 4/5 gear and ensuring you are always above 2000rpm. hopefully the DPF light will go out, it could take up to 30 mins depending on the build up of soot in the filter. if however you do not take your car for a blast when the DPF light comes on you will continue to clog the filter to the point where the Glow Plug light will start flashing and then eml will come on. at this point i am not sure wether the vehicle will go into a regen mode when driven on the motorway as it will be in limp mode (give me just enough power to get to a garage). the vehicle i worked on was at this stage. i checked for fault codes and P2002 Particulate Trap Bank 1 Efficiency Below Threshold - short to circuit B+ was the code and it was not clearable. on my diagnostic tool i was able to perform a forced regen of the DPF after about 15 minutes the glow plug light went off and after another 15 minutes the DPF light went off. take a look at the pics uploaded. soot loading co-efficient was at 60%+ but i hadn't take a picture of before. as i drove it slowly reduced eventually clearing it down to 9.7%. now this vehicle had 150k on the clock, when i was driving after the regen was complete the soot co-efficient was increasing which was not a good sign.From experience i would say that this process would have been done a few times before and a new DPF is probably on the cards as it has become less efficient over the years at doing its job. however it is fixed for now. Hope this helps! Having issues uploading pic not sure if its going to load or not
    Attached Images

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Please Help dpf flashing glow plug and eng management light on??
    By ahsanx in forum Golf MK5 - 2004 - 2009
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 17-01-2019, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-01-2017, 09:18 PM
  3. Glow plug & Engine Management Light
    By wheels2014 in forum A1
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-08-2015, 01:16 PM
  4. 2.0tdi 170 intermittent glow plug light and Engine management light.
    By nigedvd in forum TT - TT RS - 8J Forum - 2006- 2014
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 19-06-2014, 10:14 AM
  5. Question DPF, glow plug and engine management light all showing
    By patel321 in forum Audi A4 - B8 Forum - 2008 - 2015
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM