I've bought a VCDS from GenDan, I have a 2013 VW CC, in GT spec form. The car left the factory with a heated front screen fitted, however during it's life before my ownership the the climate panel was replaced with an incorrect one.

It's been fitted with a panel from a VW Sharan, this has the "Rest" button, in place of the heated front screen. This means I cannot activate the heated front screen....

The warranty people won't touch it as the car does not have a 'fault' with a component, and I'm out of the warranty period from the car seller. Plus it was never actually listed as having it fitted, I could just tell looking at the screen. (it has the fine wires) - I've also confirmed with VW it did have a factory fit heated screen.

So down to my question, with VCDS, can I re-program the "Rest" button, to instead trigger the heated front screen? - Is this possible in adaptations?

Also, I've been chatting with a VW Tech, he suggested I may be able to re-program the whole climate control unit, to the right type for my car?

He said the 'Rest' button is activated via CANBUS, it's not a direct switch to the heated screen. So I should be able to adapt it to turn on my heated screen instead, or re-program the entire climate module?

Thanks