1. VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    It's started down the production line now. Moved from 20 to 21, and showing Panel Shop yesterday and Paint Shop today. Probably way too early to get excited but I am. There aren't enough reviews and vids on YouTube of SQ7s. I've seen them all. LOL
    Anyway, where or when do I get to find out the VIN number for my car?
    My Beast. 2017 SQ7 Glacier White, Full Black Pack (including Door Mirrors) 22" Wheels, Matrix LED Headlights, Sport Seat Plus in Rotor Grey, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Dynamic Sports Pack, Technology Pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Memory Seats, Ambient light pack,Advanced Key, Trailer Pack, Bose Surround Sound, Digital TV, Parking Pack Advanced, Tour Pack, Red Brake Calipers, LED entry lights (Audi Rings)

0 0 0

2. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap_Loz View Post
    It's started down the production line now. Moved from 20 to 21, and showing Panel Shop yesterday and Paint Shop today. Probably way too early to get excited but I am. There aren't enough reviews and vids on YouTube of SQ7s. I've seen them all. LOL
    Anyway, where or when do I get to find out the VIN number for my car?
    If you look back at the threads there is a way to get the background information from the website using JSON, from there you can see you VIN. However I think if you use it to register on my Audi it also initiates the start of your online services (so if you have the free three month trial for data services in you could be staying it too early).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 1 0

3. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Yes I've scoured through the background info at JSON but can't see a VIN there. Oh and I see your point about the online services.
    My Beast. 2017 SQ7 Glacier White, Full Black Pack (including Door Mirrors) 22" Wheels, Matrix LED Headlights, Sport Seat Plus in Rotor Grey, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel, Dynamic Sports Pack, Technology Pack, Panoramic Sunroof, Memory Seats, Ambient light pack,Advanced Key, Trailer Pack, Bose Surround Sound, Digital TV, Parking Pack Advanced, Tour Pack, Red Brake Calipers, LED entry lights (Audi Rings)

0 0 0

4. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The VIN number does not appear in the background information until later in the build process. If I remember correctly it appear for me once the car went to Quality Control status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 1 0

5. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    See, I'm too impatient for words. Thanks for that.

0 0 0

6. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    My VIN was never visible online. Not sure if it's more reliable these days?
    Former Q7 owner

1 0 0

7. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srbsq7 View Post
    My VIN was never visible online. Not sure if it's more reliable these days?
    It's strange as it has been hit and miss but I've seen it appear on mine both times and I think it was as mentioned was around QC time

1 1 0

8. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You were spot on with this. It appeared the day after it went to QC.
    Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: VIN number? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap_Loz View Post
    You were spot on with this. It appeared the day after it went to QC.
    Thanks
    you are very welcome

0 0 0