1. Re: Metallic clanking noise from front wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    What a pain and you must be pulling your hair out, this is last thing you could do with!! Yes good idea to get them all remove/refitted then check them yourself when back. Are you getting Audi to check for the clanking noise as well?

0 0 0

2. Re: Metallic clanking noise from front wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yup certainly am!
    After failing with the electric gun, I have ordered a breaker bar so I'll give it another go over the weekend. Otherwise yes Audi will sort it out along with a few other niggles. They've already identified it somewhat but just did not have the time to whack the wheel off and potentially brakes.

They did say I could bring it in any day this week first thing as it's half-term so fairly quiet in the workshop but I ran out of time

Will update if I get it done over the weekend along with the culprit!
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

3. Re: Metallic clanking noise from front wheel 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    It seems I never got around to updating this thread.
    The breaker bar also failed and in the end I admit defeat and went to the dealership who mentioned it was one of the most difficult jobs they had removing the wheels. They replaced the nuts all round and tightened to manufacturer

The noise... it was not my imagination but in actual fact a wheel weight that had some how managed to slip inside between the tyre and alloy. And so everytime I went round it dropped making that noise. Audi resolved it without any charge especially as it was a first for them :- )
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 10:11 PM
  2. Question Metal clanking noise only on start up after car has been driven (warm engine)
    By bilsta in forum Audi A4 - B7 Forum - 2005 - 2008
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
  3. Light metallic rattle from drivers front wheel area over bumps.
    By JamesSvr6 in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-04-2012, 10:12 AM
  4. Question Metallic noise from front end of Golf Mk 5.
    By dave3 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 11:29 PM
  5. Metallic squealing noise front right...
    By webchem in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 18-05-2009, 06:39 PM