1. Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys. I am new to the forum and have just got my 2015 mk2 q7 this week. Very impressed with the MMI but I hear that if I link my Android Phone, then Android Auto should come up on the MMI screen. Is this automatic as Android Auto does not seem to be coming up (also used my phone charger USB cable to plug my phone into the car). Do I need the genuine Audi cable? The internet radio, MMI app etc appears to be linking fine, and my car seems to be linked to my phone via bluetooth / wifi.

Look forward to any advice....

0 0 0

2. Re: Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have android auto as an option in the main menu when the phone is connected? Not sure when android auto was introduced, it may not have been on the 2015 version

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Hi vp, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Q.

If it's a 2015 model it's fairly likely the car won't have Audi Smartphone Interface which is essentially what is needed for either Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

There was some wrong marketing initially which made it sound like the mk2 Q7 came with this - however it actually became an option in Oct 2015 for the MY16 cars and then standard in May for wk22 builds onwards as MY17 cars from memory.

Easiest way to know is if you go to menu & scroll through the options - one of the final few would be Audi Smartphone Interface, if you have that happy days, if not unfortunately you won't have access to Android Auto.

There's quite a lengthy thread on here on Apple CarPlay, which covers this in more detail. Don't think there is an easy retrofit solution either but our resident Master of Retrofits (Andy) has been spending a fair bit of time to understand whether it really is possible or not...

0 2 0

4. Re: Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Hi vp, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Q.

If it's a 2015 model it's fairly likely the car won't have Audi Smartphone Interface which is essentially what is needed for either Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

There was some wrong marketing initially which made it sound like the mk2 Q7 came with this - however it actually became an option in Oct 2015 for the MY16 cars and then standard in May for wk22 builds onwards as MY17 cars from memory.

Easiest way to know is if you go to menu & scroll through the options - one of the final few would be Audi Smartphone Interface, if you have that happy days, if not unfortunately you won't have access to Android Auto.

There's quite a lengthy thread on here on Apple CarPlay, which covers this in more detail. Don't think there is an easy retrofit solution either but our resident Master of Retrofits (Andy) has been spending a fair bit of time to understand whether it really is possible or not...

Unless im wrong Nemo and often am lol

when I placed my order for the Q it wasn't available then
    but for loads of reason my car didn't get order due to dealer so then when the car was respec in jan 2016 it was then available as an extra
    that could be added at cost I think it was until the MY2017 model it then came as part of a package

so unless the car was built from jan 2016 and added it won't have apple play

M

0 0 0

5. Re: Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the information guys. Very helpful. Im still working my way around the car. Very technically advanced! Only just starting to use the Rear passenger screens and setting them up as part of the Audi entertainment system.

0 1 0

6. Re: Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Its definitely possible, we are getting closer... details will follow when its figured out.
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

7. Re: Android Auto on the MMi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    Unless im wrong Nemo and often am lol

when I placed my order for the Q it wasn't available then
    but for loads of reason my car didn't get order due to dealer so then when the car was respec in jan 2016 it was then available as an extra
    that could be added at cost I think it was until the MY2017 model it then came as part of a package

so unless the car was built from jan 2016 and added it won't have apple play

M
    You're probably spot on re Jan 16 as that would tie in with option becoming available in October brochure which was available the day after I picked up my first Q with no ASI

0 0 0