Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Out of curiosity do you know where you stand in terms of Audi warranty and insurance if you do this? Id love to retrofit the soft close doors but guy at work said it would invalidate my warranty unless Audi did it (They told me it would
    be few k to do it mostly labour and thus not viable) and insurance would go through roof as its now a modified car. But it does seems this could be incorrect?
    You would need to check with your own insurance company, some are friendly to mods. Mine is specially geared to motoring enthusiasts so they understand. As for costs, Audi will charge you thousands as parts cost a mint from audi and their labour is expensive. That is if they are willing to do it.

For warranty, audi would need to prove what you did caused then issue. If you fried an electrical system then perhaps they could argue that you caused it. They can't forn example say a blown turbo was caused by fitting a door motor. The risk is yours, as long as you are careful and for it as per factory then you have nothing to worry about.

Parts cost me about 1300 Aud all up and a few hours of mine time. Defiantly viable.

0 0 0

2. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Out of curiosity do you know where you stand in terms of Audi warranty and insurance if you do this? Id love to retrofit the soft close doors but guy at work said it would invalidate my warranty unless Audi did it (They told me it would
    be few k to do it mostly labour and thus not viable) and insurance would go through roof as its now a modified car. But it does seems this could be incorrect?
    Sure it would void your warranty like any thing once tampered with but would be down to how mean the Audi dealer was being
    And if you say do a soft door close retrofit and your engine blew up ud be ok for the warranty on your engine

But say you had a prob with your electrics as a direct result that's proven down to you when you did the retrofit then that would be different

So warranty void would be a grey area

As for insurance I just can't see that as a modded car means engine tampered with change exhaust turbo ecu etc
    Anything to in hanse the performance
    Or change braking lower the car etc no way would a soft door close come under modded

Just my thoughts though

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

3. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I am thinking to retrofit the softclose doors as well. As i am coming from BMW previously, i know nuts about Audi now.

I was told that there will be error if we only do one door. Is this true?

Can someone share with me what need to be coded? Thanks.

0 0 0

4. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc55 View Post
    I am thinking to retrofit the softclose doors as well. As i am coming from BMW previously, i know nuts about Audi now.

I was told that there will be error if we only do one door. Is this true?

Can someone share with me what need to be coded? Thanks.
    There is no error if you do one door at a time. They are completely independent of each other.

Please don't take this wrong way but I won't publicly share coding as it took me hours to figure out.

Thanks.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    There is no error if you do one door at a time. They are completely independent of each other.

Please don't take this wrong way but I won't publicly share coding as it took me hours to figure out.

Thanks.

Andy

Can i check with you one thing, do you need to have the door module in order to do this retrofit? I only have door module for driver and the rest dont have any module. Just want to make sure i buy all the parts. Thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbc55 View Post
    Can i check with you one thing, do you need to have the door module in order to do this retrofit? I only have door module for driver and the rest dont have any module. Just want to make sure i buy all the parts. Thanks.
    Hi there. All doors have a door module in them. Without them nothing would work. But you need the right door modules to support soft door close. You need to check which ones you have and replace them if necessary first.

Ta

Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

7. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Hi there. All doors have a door module in them. Without them nothing would work. But you need the right door modules to support soft door close. You need to check which ones you have and replace them if necessary first.

Ta

Thanks for the info. I think i have passenger side module but i cant find rear door modules. Maybe obdeleven cant scan all modules. I will find one VCDS to do a scan and see whether i have rear door modules. Thanks again.

0 0 0

8. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    No worries. You definitely have door controllers in all the doors. They are needed for locking the doors and controlling the windows at the very least! Perhaps ODBEleven isnt picking them up. The rear door controllers are "sub modules" of the respective front door controllers

Ta

0 0 0

9. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I just did the softclose retrofit today and i found out that my door module is not supported.

Question, if i upgrade my door module, will the dealer able to detect it and void my warranty? Secondly, if i change the module, will the firmware version different from my original version? Thanks.

0 0 0

10. Re: Power/Soft Close Door RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    correct, you need new door modules for soft close.

Yes, dealer will see new door modules but probably wont realise the part numbers have changed. Most likely the dealer won't care.

Yes, the firmware of the door modules "might" be different, depending on where you get them from (e.g Ebay). however you can flash them to the latest version if you have the right tools.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast