1. bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as per the title, I've been having trouble with my map sensor and the occasional limp home mode. though my own research I've tracked the problem down to a factory fault that affects the wiring on for the map sensor on some bkd equipped 140 leons. seat do a repair harness (p/n 1kd 971 658 in cases anyone else gets in the same situation as me) but I've kinda hit a brick wall with regards to fitting it, what I'm looking for from you lovely lot is a pin out for the ECU connector as I've looked high and low and cant seem to find one and really really don't want to cook my ECU by connecting the pins in the wrong place.
    while I'm here is there anyone in north Yorkshire that has access to vag com as ones fitted id like to confirm that the harness has fixed this long standing problem with the car

0 0 0

2. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Was also a problem on the Golf of the same era. From memory I think there is also a connector block half way on the loom to the ecu. Have you been on erwin for a wiring diagram. ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer I've read that it affected the a4 series too, I believe you're correct but from what I've gathered the repair harness bypasses the block and is wired straight to the ECU.
    no haven't checked erwin, ill have to get an hour session on it after work and try and find a diagram.

0 0 0

4. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    The ecu block connector is quite a fiddle to dismantle as well. Done a lot year's back. Would definitely not recommend wimping out and piggy backing the wires.

0 0 0

5. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yer i can imagine but needs to be done, been to a couple of auto electricians and because the problem is so sporadic no one wants to do it for me. definitely want to do it properly not just splice it in, the repair harness comes pre-installed with the pins on the ECU end so it's not worth just bodging it.

0 0 0

6. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    managed to get a flow diagram of Erwin today so am going to have a look through it and see where that leaves me, also can you recommend a terminal tool that will be up to the task of removing the offending wires for the ECU connection. found a possible candidate on eBay but am more than open to suggestions.

0 0 0

7. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I use a Molex terminal tool I bought from RS but it was a bit expensive. A tiny jewellers screw driver will work, you just tweak the tiny barb back and slide the pin out.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

8. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Remember to have the wiring lock removed from the connector plug (purple) as well.

2 0 0

9. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Good point, I have been doing the plug on an R32 and it is very easy to pull the wires out of the pins as they are only pressed in. I had to replace a few pins and these comes as repair wires that are crimped on which is much better.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: bkd map wiring repair 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sorry about the late reply am away with work. I'm going to attempt to do the gob on the weekend when I'm back, if i manage to sort the problem ill do a little guide on the repair procedure to try and aide people that get the same problem in the future.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast