1. q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    hi ,recently bought a 2011 q7 to replace my 2007 model which has been fantastic and never let me down,my new one had a replacement water pump and thermostat just before i bought it,its been using a little water so i did a pressure test today and water is pouring into centre of engine ,it seems to be coming from a plastic housing behind the water pump just before oil cooler ,any ideas ,thanks .

0 0 0

2. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcq7 View Post
    hi ,recently bought a 2011 q7 to replace my 2007 model which has been fantastic and never let me down,my new one had a replacement water pump and thermostat just before i bought it,its been using a little water so i did a pressure test today and water is pouring into centre of engine ,it seems to be coming from a plastic housing behind the water pump just before oil cooler ,any ideas ,thanks .
    the main thing i want to know is what the plastic part is behind the pump it is the width between the 2 heads and has a water outlet that feeds the oil cooler ,the water seems to coming out were this plastic part fastens

0 0 0

3. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Don't know what engine it is, but assuming V6tdi and the recent thermostat replacment I'd suspect it is the thermostat housing that is leaking, or maybe that crossover between the heads in between the water pump and oil cooler maybe the old o rings were reused, got any photos you can post?

0 0 0

4. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    thanks for reply Rob yes its 3.0 v6 tdi i think it must be the crossover you mentioned ,its leaking/well pouring right between the gap on the right hand side ,im struggling putting pics on as new to forum cant seem to find how ,will have to ask my teenager son to show me ,if it is the crossover do you know what its like to remove/change,thanks again for your help ,Garry

0 0 0

5. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Sorry - I've never worked on those engines and not familiar with the layout, most fittings like that though have an O ring type seal, I'm presuming you've checked the bolts or whatever are tight and weren't slackened off to assist in the recent stat and water pump replacement.
    The most I've had to do with a Q7 is listen to my pal moan about his running costs in the pub!

0 0 0

6. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    thanks anyway Rob i have stripped most of it down seems to be a massive job ,just hope i can remember were all the bits go

1 0 0

7. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    quick update,it is the plastic crossover piece behind water pump,major job ,i have everything stripped off front and im sure i have all bolts out of timing chain cover but it just wont move and im scared of breaking it ,any advise please

0 0 0

8. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcq7 View Post
    quick update,it is the plastic crossover piece behind water pump,major job ,i have everything stripped off front and im sure i have all bolts out of timing chain cover but it just wont move and im scared of breaking it ,any advise please
    if it is the timing chain cover ,its the alloy plate that covers front of engine behind water pump,never worked on q7 engine before

0 0 0

9. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    does anyone know what the official name of the alloy front engine cover is ,i thought it was the timing chain cover but it aint and i need to get a new gasket/seal tomorrow ,would it be available from factors or main dealer only ,cheers

0 0 0

10. Re: q7 water pump leak ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)
    Not sure what part you mean but have a look here and work through the engine sections, or just go to dealership who should be able to find it on ETKA. Doubt you'd get it from a factor.
    Online Audi vehicles spare parts catalogue, Audi VIN decoder, Part number search, *** Online

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast