Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello everyone,

I have the standard stock audio system (not upgraded at all) on my Audi a7 2011 S Line which is just ok well actually no its a bit naff really Im not interested in doing anything major like a bose/b&o upgrade but possibly just changing the stock speakers for some better component sets and adding a sub to the system.

In my younger years did quite a bit of speaker/sub/amp fitting so quite ok with messing with changing speakers over etc.

So just some advice really if anyone has done this, what you think, speakers sizes for the front /rear and best way to add a rear sub amped? Even leaving the stock speakers but adding a sub will make a massive difference for some light fill in bass.

Cheers
    Neil

0 0 0

2. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I thought the standard system was very good in my last a7, I've a black edition now with Bose and don't really feel there's much difference!! I'd even dare to say the standard is a wee bit better than Bose...!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I have have the B&O system in my a7 and i had the Bose system in my old s6 and the setup in the a7 is much much better. How many speakers does the standard a7 system have? Is there an amplifier in the boot area? I find the sub in the boot adds a lot to the depth of the sound. Maybe start with adding a subwoofer if possible and see how that helps. Even upgrading the speakers would make big difference. Ive used Polk Audio in the past and they are very good quality and reasonably priced.

0 0 0

4. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you for your replies

It doesn't sound like the bose system was much of a upgrade over the base. My previous A6 and Volvo S60 was pretty respectable and our current Kia sportage sounds great too but this has a sub fitted as standard. I've been fairly happy with stock audio over the past years as grown out of adding amps and custom parcel shelfs with pioneer 15" subwoofers. Arh those were the days hey

I think its the lack of sub bass I'm definitely missing and not looking anything major but enough to fill in.

Yes I will start with sub first and take it from there, that might be enough as don't want to run away with this.

As far as I know the fronts are 5.5" low door speakers and dash tweeters, the rear doors are 6.5" low speakers and possibly mids. I'm not seeing any amp in the boot area or sub either.

I'll update on this as I upgrade.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil-A View Post
    Thank you for your replies

It doesn't sound like the bose system was much of a upgrade over the base. My previous A6 and Volvo S60 was pretty respectable and our current Kia sportage sounds great too but this has a sub fitted as standard. I've been fairly happy with stock audio over the past years as grown out of adding amps and custom parcel shelfs with pioneer 15" subwoofers. Arh those were the days hey

I think its the lack of sub bass I'm definitely missing and not looking anything major but enough to fill in.

Yes I will start with sub first and take it from there, that might be enough as don't want to run away with this.

As far as I know the fronts are 5.5" low door speakers and dash tweeters, the rear doors are 6.5" low speakers and possibly mids. I'm not seeing any amp in the boot area or sub either.

I'll update on this as I upgrade.

My 2016 A7 has Bose and this definitely lacks the punch of my previous nose equipped Audis. I'm planning to replace the weedy sparewheel well mounted sun with a 10" JL in this boot enclosure - Basser - Audi A7

This kind of replacement sub setup is popular in the US and there are quite a few YouTube videos of them being installed in standard, Bose & B&O equipped A7s... I'd be gutted if I'd shelled out for the B&O and still had to spend more to sort it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

6. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corb2000 View Post
    My 2016 A7 has Bose and this definitely lacks the punch of my previous nose equipped Audis. I'm planning to replace the weedy sparewheel well mounted sub with a 10" JL in this boot enclosure - Basser - Audi A7

This kind of replacement sub setup is popular in the US and there are quite a few YouTube videos of them being installed in standard, Bose & B&O equipped A7s... I'd be gutted if I'd shelled out for the B&O and still had to spend more to sort it.

Audi A7 TDI quattro, 272 ps Black Edition - Tornado Grey, black leather, 20" twin spoke titanium wheels, air suspension, ambient lighting, tech pack adv, parking pack adv, speed limit display, htd front & rear seats, adaptive cruise, memory seats & dimming door mirrors. Gone now: 1 x BMW, 3 x Audi, 1 x Mercedes, 2 x Saab, 1 x Volvo, 3 x Peugeot, 3 x VW, 2 x Citroen, 3 x Ford, 6 x Vauxhall, 2 x MG, 2 x Triumph, Honda CB750K7, Suzuki GT250A.

0 0 0

7. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    After messing around with settings and different sources of music the subwoofer comes alive when bluetooth streaming music from say youtube or spotify. You can actually here a difference when turning the subwoofer setting up/down as well which is hardly there on other sources. Even though its the standard subwoofer it now sounds acceptable enough but still might upgrade this to be more versatile with the other sources. I have various downloads on my sdcard and understand that these will be sampled at different rates but on the whole is still sounds pretty flat from sdcard then dab, CD is better. Hopefully trying to get it to a point where I dont need to change settings all the time to suit the source and type of music.

This may be a case of still changing the front door and dash speakers and placing the sub actually in the boot.

Just an update anyway and still loving my A7 I change cars quite a lot so hoping this makes it past the yearly itch!

0 0 0

8. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Last year I changed from an A6 to A7 both with Bose and have always been disappointed with the lack of base in the A7. Really poor for such an expensive car. I have been trying to find a simple plug and go type fix for this by simply adding a base box into the boot. I don't use the boot for much so losing a bit of space doesn't bother me. I just need to find something now that will work.
    I'll keep an eye on this thread and see how you get on.

0 0 0

9. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Well now Easter is here I have time to start looking at my base audio system.

First thing to tackle is the SUB:
    I know the weak side of things for you guys with the Bose is generally the subwoofer but on my base system it's terrible. I removed the sub enclosure tonight and the speaker is so tiny 5" and hardly any magnet to drive anything. To be fair to audi I like the neat design and location but unfortunately this just isn't doing anything for me. It sort of does work depending on the source of music and settings but I suspect more of the bass is probably coming from the front.

So options are I could just try replacing this speaker for something decent keeping it stock and non amped to see if it improves or just go for an active sub. I'm interested to see what difference just changing the speaker will do and will probably try this first.

Next stage will be definitely front tweeters or components but then might have to start fitting amps. Im hoping to avoid this and just try better tweeters as the existing are awful.

Well I hope this thread might help others that have the base system like me, as I couldn't find anything on the net apart from the Bose and b&o upgrades.

Here we go again back to my youth lol

Happy Easter all!

0 2 0

10. Re: Replace stock speakers adding Subwoofer on Audi a7 standard audio? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    What are the dimensions of the subwoofer?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast