1. Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi I've made a real blunder and hopefully someone might be able to give me some sound advice.

my Audi A6 c5 4.2 v8 saloon 1999 was not locking the boot and upon locking I couldn't hear the actuator so I decided to have a go myself so I removed the boot trim no prob exposing the locking assembly ,removed to 10 mm nuts still wouldn't budge could see actuator but no screw heads so looked like whole assembly would have to come off car .
    let go two thin metal rods also
    there were 4 black plastic tab things pushed them in too still would not come free.
    Then I had a blonde moment and closed the boot duh!
    now I'm stuffed boot won't open actuators come back to life too lol
    and before you say drop rear seats I've a 160 litre gas tank in the way with no way of removing said tank either
    only thing I could think of was to destroy one of the rear lights and hopefully reach in through this aperture and tug on the rods which I am assuming open the boot.
    Boot lids in perfect condition with a rs6 spoiler fitted and painted nicely so not to keen on cutting it up
    other idea suggested was to cut a pillar box aperture behind number plate but not keen on this souloution either.
    so that's my problem hopefully someone might be able to assist me.
    all my tools are in the boot too to make things worse.
    thanks in advance if anyone takes the time to come to my aid !

0 1 0

2. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Oops, just seen it is a saloon!

0 1 0

3. Re: Help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Heuston....... We have a problem !!!!!
    Forget about the tail light entry plan, wont work IMO....only option is to draw a line around the Nr, Plate to mark out operational area. Then within this area directly over where the lock is located, make two vertical 2" cuts in the metal ( small 4" angle grinder with skinny metal cut discs). Then link them with a 4" or 5" horizontal cut, either on the upper or lower edge of the vertical cuts. You can then open this flap, and should be able to open the lock through it. The measurements I have suggested are exactly that... a suggestion. You can make the opening bigger or smaller, depending on your dexterity...but try to keep it as well within the outline of the Nr plate and as small as you possibly can.
    After you get the boot open again, then you will be able to bend the flap back into its original position. You can then cut a flat strip of metal, bigger then the flap, place it inside the panel and pop rivet it in place. This will restore the strength to the door. A good coat of brushable sealer inside and out, brush on a coat or two of primer, ( rust prevention ) touch up with colour coat and Bobs your Uncle. If you keep it well within the Nr Plate area.. no one will be the wiser.
    Good Luck,
    Jim

0 0 0