Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Guys. My own Avant 190 Ultra Quattro was collected today to go back to the dealership to investigate the extra noise it makes under the bonnet. They left me a courtesy A6 190 Ultra saloon, also Quatro and same Auto box. My car has now nearly 10K kilometers on the clock, the courtesy car 3K kilometers.

The courtesy car is MUCH faster than mine, and I mean MUCH faster. I appreciate that my Avant will be a bit heavier but man the difference is major. The courtesy car pulls much harder and feels far more eager to put up the revs compared to mine. The gear changes seem to be much smoother and faster as well. I spoke to my local garage owner who delivered the by Audi supplied courtesy car and he was of exactly the same opinion. Remember I bought the car through him locally but as he is not an Audi dealer (we don't have any in a 150km radius) the car was sourced in Sligo though Connoly's.

Has any of you on here ever experienced this before? I'm now quite paranoid as thoughts that there might be something seriously lacking in mine are creeping in to my mind. The car is obviously under warrantee and the findings will be reported to the Audi dealership in the morning but still...
    2017 A6 Avant Quattro SE Business 190 Ultra DSG 2017 Black, factory privacy glass, reversing camera, lighting package.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Stop driving yours on efficiency mode. Stick it into dynamic.

Joking aside that sounds weird alright. A full scan might reveal something that's holding the power back on yours.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Lol, I've had mine in every mode but E, prefer S on the dash...
    2017 A6 Avant Quattro SE Business 190 Ultra DSG 2017 Black, factory privacy glass, reversing camera, lighting package.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Paddy View Post
    Lol, I've had mine in every mode but E, prefer S on the dash...
    Not something silly like someone remapping the loaner or just the fact it's probably been thrashed and run in abnormally compared to yours which is still running in? I've had loaners that are nearly new but look like they're ready to retire
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

5. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I thought along those lines but I don't think so in this case...

0 1 0

6. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Took the courtesy car for a 200km drive today for work and noticed that it isn't a Quattro at all...the power delivery is simply different (front wheels only as I discovered kind off involuntary lol) which gives the impression there is more power. I just had this confirmed by the dealership :-)

0 1 0

7. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Interesting how you felt that the fwd is quicker/ more powerful than your quattro model. At least you can rest easy knowing there isn't anything wrong with yours, just the extra weight of the quattro and torque steer!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yes, completely different feel. But after spending a good few of my miles on twisty back roads up north I noticed the difference in handling, big time! It's just such a completely different experience. Happy to get mine back tomorrow.

0 0 0

9. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Got my own car back today, and although the immediate power delivery is more obvious in the FWD, I still love and prefer my Quattro! From a standing start I'm sure the FWD would be quicker but as an overall driing experince there is no comparison.

0 0 0

10. Re: 2x 190 Ultra 2017 but completely different drive? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Paddy View Post
    I'm sure the FWD would be quicker but .....
    You would think that due to the weight of the quattro drive but it's not, quattro is quicker but not by much!
    Attached Images

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast