1. Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, please bear with me Ive got alot of questions and from using the info already here on the forum i already have a few answers but im now struggling so thought i would start my own thread...

the car originally was my father in laws and has kept up with servicing ect but hes a bit of a guy who just leaves things to the last minute.

got the car this weekend after it sitting around for a few months looking sorry for itself on its bump stops as it has a suspension fault. its a 2005 55 plate black allroad, a few battle scars but i thought it would be an easy turn around needing only a bit of tlc...

upon recieving the keys i was greated with 2 inches of water in the drivers footwell..... (i had already sorted out a leak on the passenger side a few years back where the rear wash wipe pipe popped off...) the car drove like crap home and had the ESP light, ride height adjustment light and ABS light on... i assumed that this would all be related to the water....

got the car home and raised it up to level 4 and it stayed there over night.... while waiting for "over night" to happen i stripped out the interior and removed the carpet and bailed out the water... after "over night" i started the car and adjusted the level to level 1 and the car just cut out, took a while to restart (sounded like it was turning over too fast) but eventually did and set to level 1 to leave over night. as i got out the car i could hear air escaping from the front so decided not to wait for another "over night" and started the car up again to get to level 1 and put into jack mode. by the time i had got the tape measure out to check arch distances to ground the car was already starting to lean on the passenger front....

DSR 719mm / 5 hours later 733mm
    DSF 669mm / " 650mm
    PSF 660mm / " 624mm
    PSR 666mm / " 660mm

so..... the following days task was to see where the water was coming in and the scuttle was full of water..... bingo!!! removed battery and lower plate then cleaned out both fully blocked drain holes.... ive noticed the cabin filters base is very fragile and has a crack in it so thats on my to order list aswel as a new airbag for the passenger front.... (do i need to replace bags in pairs??)

but now the issues start after its drying out.... the ecu under the driver seat (auto gearbox ecu?) was full of water, ive dried it out over night on the radiator and tried to start the car... its cutting out more often now and its not really working as it should...

it wont recognise your foot on the brake pedal to release the gearstick when your pressing the side button in.
    amber Ride height adjustment light on
    amber ESP light on
    amber ABS light on
    amber engine management light on
    amber glow plug light flashing
    red circle with explination mark showing ((!)) (checked brake fluid level and all ok)
    red engine oil pressure light showing

when eventually started the car will engage any gear without the use of the footbrake by just using the side button.....

ive stripped the ecu down today and the pins from the connctor to the circuit board look in bad shape and pin 3 on the very bottom from the left hand side has corroded away completely (was blue furr to start with)... the part no is 4Z7 927 156 N and the only place ive found these is on eBay for £350......... on top of two new bags and a few little bits not to mention tidying up the body its getting into ££££'S

is this a lost cause and a money pit or can anyone shine any light on the situation...? HELP!!!!!

any advice is appreciated (very rushed so sorry for spelling and grammer)

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    First comment - you need to get (or have access to) VCDS to determine exactly all the fault codes. You can spend a lot of £s otherwise making unnecessary repairs. For example, the suspension/brake/abs lights on could mean the brake light SWITCH under the brake pedal needs replacing OR it could/probably be something else.
    Water in driver's footwell is most likely blocked plugs in the plenum chamber - there is one on the driver side and one underneath the battery (which needs to come first). Clean out but do not remove (or you will get engine fumes in the cabin) the rubber bungs in these two holes.
    The auto-gearbox ECU is probably beyond repair. Google for car breakers with the part no and car details. A lot of these are grouped and requests get sent all over the
    UK. Try breaker David Lees in Geangemouth 07887871516 he has a couple of ECUs (I just phoned him!).- he supplied me with a nearly new tail-gate lid for my 2002 Allroad. He is off on holiday tomorrow for two weeks but if you contact him this afternoon he will post it to you today.
    Re the suspension problems - most likely you need a new bag - contact BabpipingAndy on this forum for advice and supply - he is THE Alleoad suspension guru.

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what do i need to get VCDS? might aswel stump up on the system now as we have a Touran for the family duties and expecting our third so funds are tight so as you say find out what is wrong before delving in.

both plugs were blocked... one under the battery and one under the servo... is there another drain or is our terminology different? not removed the rubber bits just poked my finger through (ooooh errrr missis)

i might try to get a feed from the connector to the circuit board as ive lost nothing by trying if its already scrap but will give him a call to see if he has one and how much its going to hurt...

its Andy's method of diagnosis ive used to see whats wrong, passenger front is on its bump stops from being in jack mode so definatly need a new bag and i might aswel fit his repair kit for the compressor to give it some more puff.

thanks for the reply, its really appreciated.

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spud1984 View Post
    Hi all, please bear with me Ive got alot of questions and from using the info already here on the forum i already have a few answers but im now struggling so thought i would start my own thread...

the car originally was my father in laws and has kept up with servicing ect but hes a bit of a guy who just leaves things to the last minute.

got the car this weekend after it sitting around for a few months looking sorry for itself on its bump stops as it has a suspension fault. its a 2005 55 plate black allroad, a few battle scars but i thought it would be an easy turn around needing only a bit of tlc...

upon recieving the keys i was greated with 2 inches of water in the drivers footwell..... (i had already sorted out a leak on the passenger side a few years back where the rear wash wipe pipe popped off...) the car drove like crap home and had the ESP light, ride height adjustment light and ABS light on... i assumed that this would all be related to the water....

got the car home and raised it up to level 4 and it stayed there over night.... while waiting for "over night" to happen i stripped out the interior and removed the carpet and bailed out the water... after "over night" i started the car and adjusted the level to level 1 and the car just cut out, took a while to restart (sounded like it was turning over too fast) but eventually did and set to level 1 to leave over night. as i got out the car i could hear air escaping from the front so decided not to wait for another "over night" and started the car up again to get to level 1 and put into jack mode. by the time i had got the tape measure out to check arch distances to ground the car was already starting to lean on the passenger front....

DSR 719mm / 5 hours later 733mm
    DSF 669mm / " 650mm
    PSF 660mm / " 624mm
    PSR 666mm / " 660mm

so..... the following days task was to see where the water was coming in and the scuttle was full of water..... bingo!!! removed battery and lower plate then cleaned out both fully blocked drain holes.... ive noticed the cabin filters base is very fragile and has a crack in it so thats on my to order list aswel as a new airbag for the passenger front.... (do i need to replace bags in pairs??)

but now the issues start after its drying out.... the ecu under the driver seat (auto gearbox ecu?) was full of water, ive dried it out over night on the radiator and tried to start the car... its cutting out more often now and its not really working as it should...

it wont recognise your foot on the brake pedal to release the gearstick when your pressing the side button in.
    amber Ride height adjustment light on
    amber ESP light on
    amber ABS light on
    amber engine management light on
    amber glow plug light flashing
    red circle with explination mark showing ((!)) (checked brake fluid level and all ok)
    red engine oil pressure light showing

when eventually started the car will engage any gear without the use of the footbrake by just using the side button.....

ive stripped the ecu down today and the pins from the connctor to the circuit board look in bad shape and pin 3 on the very bottom from the left hand side has corroded away completely (was blue furr to start with)... the part no is 4Z7 927 156 N and the only place ive found these is on eBay for £350......... on top of two new bags and a few little bits not to mention tidying up the body its getting into ££££'S

is this a lost cause and a money pit or can anyone shine any light on the situation...? HELP!!!!!

any advice is appreciated (very rushed so sorry for spelling and grammer)
    Hi!

If you want a TCU there is a Allroad breaker next to me, I can ask for a price for you. I am maybe going to Nott next weekend to pick up a RNS-E, I can take my VCDS with me yo have a look on your faults.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you could ask for me that would be great and if your in Notts (im now Mansfield way NG19) id really appreciate it if you could scan the car to see whats what.... I thought that this kind of help was long gone from todays groups, youve restored my faith in the community

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might need two bags now as the drivers side has come down so the front is sitting nearly level again.....

Carpets still not dry so pulled the dehumidifier out and taped the window up to see how that gets on

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how do i find out what gearbox i have in the car?

can not see any 4Z7927156N ecu's for sale and those that are cost an earth so i was wondering what other codes would work??? or do i really need the correct coded ecu for the gearbox??

anyone got any more numbers for breakers??

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Check for the pr codes in your service booklet or in a label on the spare wheel well, probably it would be a EYJ

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not got any paper work at the moment so will check the sticker tomorrow, will I just need an ecu for the box that has that gearbox code then? Sorry for all the questions...

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Allroad 2.5TDI WIP (work in progress) 2005 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    No. You can use EKTA to know with P/N are compatible, for EYJ, there are only 3 partnumber listed:

4Z7927156D - VIN less than 4B-1-200 000
    4Z7927156H - VIN more than 4B-2-000 001
    4Z7927156N no VIN restriction

This TCU is only used on Allroads, so is not very common.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast