1. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I'll buy the power flex bushing for my car too then, cheers for the link. Does that crowd sell the camber eccentric bolt/nut for that bushing / arm too?

0 0 0

2. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Thanks for the link.
    And here's the camber adjustment bolt for the upper arm, similar price, so assuming that's all the adjustment bolts needed, 2 on each side, that's £50 plus postage on a few bolts? I think I'll clean up the originals and re-use them, I'm guessing these can't be stretch or 1 time use only bolts cause of the fact they need to be loosened in order to make adjustments and retightened every time an alignment is done. I wonder does anyone make a cheaper alternative, seems crazy prices for a few bolts.

VW Audi Upper Rear Suspension Eccentric Bolt Nut Kit Camber Alignment Genuine | eBay

0 0 0

4. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TdiBlacky140 View Post
    Thanks for the link.
    And here's the camber adjustment bolt for the upper arm, similar price, so assuming that's all the adjustment bolts needed, 2 on each side, that's £50 plus postage on a few bolts? I think I'll clean up the originals and re-use them, I'm guessing these can't be stretch or 1 time use only bolts cause of the fact they need to be loosened in order to make adjustments and retightened every time an alignment is done. I wonder does anyone make a cheaper alternative, seems crazy prices for a few bolts.

VW Audi Upper Rear Suspension Eccentric Bolt Nut Kit Camber Alignment Genuine | eBay

Normally they seize inside the bushing so you can't get them out, you probably save few pounds by getting bolts from the dealer, but i prefer getting by post.

0 0 0

5. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    There is a cheaper alternative, the bolt kit LEMFÖRDER 38000 01.
    I got them from *******.co.uk
    Hope this helps.

0 0 0

6. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tditaff View Post
    There is a cheaper alternative, the bolt kit LEMFÖRDER 38000 01.
    I got them from *******.co.uk
    Hope this helps.
    That helps greatly dude, I'll get them, the pair for a tenner. Thanks very much

0 0 0

7. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    And the other eccentric bolt kit is 38910 01

0 0 0

8. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tditaff View Post
    And the other eccentric bolt kit is 38910 01
    https://www.*******.co.uk/lemforder/9668366

How come there's 2 different size bolts for the upper in the link above of that part number. Are they different size depending on the side of the car or is there 2 camber bolts in the 1 arm and do I need to buy 2 of them kits to do both sides?

Cheers for the cheaper bolts though

0 0 0

9. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TdiBlacky140 View Post
    https://www.*******.co.uk/lemforder/9668366

How come there's 2 different size bolts for the upper in the link above of that part number. Are they different size depending on the side of the car or is there 2 camber bolts in the 1 arm and do I need to buy 2 of them kits to do both sides?

Cheers for the cheaper bolts though
    Eccentric bolt is the inner side and the longer bolt of outer. The one in the link is for 1 upper control arm. Lower control arm bolts are different lenght as well. As you said you need to buy 2 kits for both sides.

0 0 0

10. Re: Rear tyre wear/suspension 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I bought the lower bolt kits, €41 posted, I'll hopefully be able to re-use the upper bolts otherwise it's starting to become an expensive job. The upper camber bolts hardly seize in their bushings do they?

Just wondering what's the easiest / best way to go about replacing every single arm / bushing on the rear, is there any point in dropping the entire subframe and rear arms as a complete assembley, might be more work and disconnecting the brake lines, but it might be easier to replace all the arms with the assembly on the floor and refit as a whole. Or is it easier to just replace 1 arm at a time with it all still on the car. I'll be using a lift so access won't be a problem either way.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast