1. A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    My car was bought in June 2015 and was booked in yesterday for its first checkup, oil change etc.

Audi mentioned that the front tyres are on 2mm and the rears on 4mm. I wasn't sure I would stick to the Pirelli's but given that only 2 will need replacing soon what do people recommend? Could I ask them to swap the fronts and backs in the hope that I can get the ones with 2mm to last a little longer? I am still wary of how close they are to the legal limit and the lack of grip in wet weather that comes with the reduced tread.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated please

Audi have also updated the MMI software, but cannot tell me what the differences are between the version I had and what they have put on there. I doubt there will be anything I notice, but given that I work in IT and have a programming background, I prefer to see a change log of sorts.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    In the past I've asked to swap wheels around and they did not do it - all sorts of excuses but this was before I got friendly with them - now it would be fine!
    Having said that, I know Audi's minimum is 3mm even if legal is 1.6 so they probably won't want to change it round on that basis. What size tyres have you got currently?

All 4 of mine will need changing soon so I've already started to list organs on eBay in hope that I can pay for them! (275/30/21). I was told by the guys in Audi to go for Dunlop this time round or Bridgestones as the Conti's they have found on the A7 have worn a lot quicker and also produce a lot more noise but I've always been a Conti fan ...

As for MMI update, I too had one again in the A6 just before I sold it and apparently it fixed a beep noise during/after a phone call
    Audi A7 Black Edition 3.0 TDI (272) 2015 (FL)

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    I've just bought 4 x Pirelli p zeros. Used them for many years now and never had an issue. Granted I've not really tried other brands so can't compare accurately, but the grip well, wear well and are reasonably priced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Amazed your fronts wore out before the rears... mine seems to eat rears.

Rotating at this stage is not worth it (2mm is basically "worn out" on a powerful heavy car like this) - I rotate my wheels every time I switch from my summer wheels to winters but I'd still ditch at 2mm.

Try Michelins - I had great experience with those on my old C6.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I would switch them around for a couple of thousand mile, either that or replace them all. I read it somewhere (maybe this forum) that for quattro cars there should be no more than 2mm difference between any of the tyres. if you fit new fronts then........

BTW, my fronts wore quicker than rear too.

I would imagine that the new MMI software will now allow for 2 phones to receive calls, whereas before only possible for 1. You will see in the phone menu, the choice to add another phone.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I have already picked the car up so a bit late to ask them to swap them round. I've noticed that people on these forums talk about swapping winter and summer tyres etc, but I have never actually bothered with that. It is either wet or dry in the UK and the roads get gritted quite often in South London so I don't really need to worry about harsher conditions.

I have also just remembered that my rear right has a repaired puncture so I doubt I will get much £ for it. I'm currently thinking that I will keep everything as is for another ~1000 miles and then swap all 4. Really undecided on what I want to go for next and I think I will go by what people say online. My first car was a 2013 A6 177PS which I had for less than a year before I bought the current one so I really don't have much experience with the various types of tyres etc.

In other news, Audi say I have driven my car exactly how they expect one to drive it. I almost choked on my coffee when they said that... it is true that the first service is at around 19k miles or 2 years (mine is on 18k miles and 22 months), but there is no way I drive the car normally. I asked about the brake pads and they aren't even near 50% worn. I know I am not easy on the car, so I think all credit goes to the car itself and the German engineering.

@A6ian, I've not had the chance to see if I can pair another phone but did go through all the menus and noticed no difference. I am no longer able to connect to Audi Connect though as it keeps saying that my PIN is incorrect and/or the server is unavailable. I've never had an issue with that before, so if it doesn't work soon I will have to get that checked.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hshah View Post
    @A6ian, I've not had the chance to see if I can pair another phone but did go through all the menus and noticed no difference. I am no longer able to connect to Audi Connect though as it keeps saying that my PIN is incorrect and/or the server is unavailable. I've never had an issue with that before, so if it doesn't work soon I will have to get that checked.
    Can't remember all the changes to be honest, as it was back in June when I had it done. All I can remember is the one I use. if you look in the phone menu you should see an extra icon "Connect additional phone" it wasn't there before. My Audi connect is ok though, and it remembers the pass code. sounds like there's a problem with the sim or sim reader with yours. does it never connect? or does it connect and forget the pin when you switch the car off?

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6ian View Post
    Can't remember all the changes to be honest, as it was back in June when I had it done. All I can remember is the one I use. if you look in the phone menu you should see an extra icon "Connect additional phone" it wasn't there before. My Audi connect is ok though, and it remembers the pass code. sounds like there's a problem with the sim or sim reader with yours. does it never connect? or does it connect and forget the pin when you switch the car off?
    It was connected prior to taking the car into Audi and now it just doesn't connect. The bottom left of the screen shows that it is online, and if I connect to the car's WiFi I have internet access so I know the SIM is working. The PIN I am using is from the MMI connect app on my phone, which matches the one I see online when I go to the myAudi site. I'm hoping they were just having issues with their servers when I tried, so will try again this afternoon and see what happens.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Audi Connect works now too

Brakes feel much sharper and the steering a little stiffer, but I'm not sure if that's psychological or real lol.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 BiTDI (2015) - First Service 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hshah View Post
    I've noticed that people on these forums talk about swapping winter and summer tyres etc, but I have never actually bothered with that. It is either wet or dry in the UK and the roads get gritted quite often in South London so I don't really need to worry about harsher conditions.
    Winter tyres are not just about snow. They are a different compound which remains "softer" at low temperatures and have MUCH better grip at (e.g.) 4C in the wet. You can find videos on youtube showing the difference in stopping distance for the same car on regular tyres vs. winters in wet or icy cold conditions - it is typically 10% to 20% shorter for the winter tyres.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 2 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast