Notices

User Tag List

Thread: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I'm in the market for a new Family performance estate

But you did say exactly that, sorry to be the thread pedant! Ah new to you.

Still, get what you want and use statistics or hindsight to prove you made the right choice. To me the S4 knocks socks off the other two. Driven sensibly I bet you could prove you can get better MPG out of the S4 than thrashing the Golf. There, S4 it is, QED

0 0 0

2. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes New to me? SHould have been more specific as these days of pcp every just expects you to mean a new car!

0 0 0

3. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Only in my second tank though averaging 24mpg.

I've had a very light foot too - especially as running in. Although should expect better mpg after run in anyway.

It's not a big tank too (avant) - £65 to fill up from nearly empty.

On the first tank I got about 400 miles which after a 4 cylinder diesel did shock me a bit. That was mostly motorway miles also.

To be honest I thought I'd bought a nice family estate with a big engine though with the exhaust note, the lack of cockpit storage, the mpg etc I can see I've actually invested in something a bit different - I'm not complaining :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    After a week of my 3.0 TDI (only the 218) I am blown away. Previous steed was the BMW 335D and this has it licked in every way except outright drag racing. It now has 400 miles on it and I have yet to dip below 50mpg on the computer. On paper it is almost a match for the 2.0 TDI and I concur. In the flesh it's in a different league. Sublime power delivery, silky smooth and refinement up with my previous C7 A6 if not better with softer wheels. In a race the S4 is better but on the road the only concern would be residuals. Lease it and problem solved.
    After 23 months of BMW I am in awe every time I press the start button. The iterative improvements over BMW add up to an amazing package. Mine is Sport version with just hill hold and metallic as options and it lacks very little.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm a happy man

0 0 0

5. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ha ha glad you're enjoying it ;-)

0 0 0

6. Re: S4 2017 Real world MPG (Turbo version) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

Just got my s4 last Friday!! Please tell me the mpg improves as I get a company fuel card and using man maths made it work in my head currently hovering around the 20mpg mark!!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12