1. LT35 2.5TDi no power and blue smoke after overrun 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all. First post on here, I can usually get by with my knowledge and from reading other articles, but this time I am really stuck and getting pretty desperate.

Van is a 55 plate. First problem is I don't have any DTCs to help here. Looking at the dash there doesn't seem to be an MIL light and I cannot find a diagnostic socket anywhere.

Van seems to drive pretty good overall... But... If I rev high in say third, then lift of the throttle for 5 seconds (or if I've been engine braking downhill), so on the overrun, then I plant my foot to the floor I get absolutely no response. I ease off the throttle and I hear a kind of pop as pressure releases and I get an almighty cloud if blue smoke out the exhaust. Then I ease back on the throttle and all is fine.

I suspected maybe the turbo vanes seized. Nope, I can move them by hand. Vacuum gauge between turbo and solenoid, good amount of boost in neutral when I kick the throttle. But it doesn't move the actuator. (I read online I should see this actuator move even if revving in idle, although this needs clarifying... I wouldn't have though I could over boost with no load). I beleive actuator is good, I blew hard down the line and could just feel it move slightly.

So... I suspected N75 valve not sending pressure down to actuator. Replaced, still the same.

Next, I know the map sensor and the n75 have a relationship. I was getting suspect results when metering the map, so I swapped that. Issue still persists.

Something else I have noted... In neutral, rev the engine, when revs get back down to idle the engine shudders as if it'd about to stall and I get a puff of blue smoke that seems to come from the joint of the pipe connecting exhaust manifold to egr valve. The puff comes out if manifold end. The engine has stalled completely on a couple of occasions doing this, although seems to be a slight improvement since replacing the map.

I really don't know where to go next with this. Should I be seeing that actuator move at idle? If so, although I can move the vanes by hand perhaps they are too tight for the actuator to move them? Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree entirely. But I have no idea what tree I should bark up next.

Any help and advice much appreciated.

Carl

0 0 0

2. Re: LT35 2.5TDi no power and blue smoke after overrun 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi did you solve the problem? I have exactly the same problem with my LT35 ??

0 0 0

3. Re: LT35 2.5TDi no power and blue smoke after overrun 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New valve stem seals

0 0 0