Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

Hello all from a newbie here.

Do anyone happen to know where or what a "rear break glass sensor" looks like for an Audi A7?

Story is I had my rear glass tinted about 2 weeks break and pretty much since then on and off the alarm has been going off. I have read the codes and it was the day I had them tinted so I know it was them. I dont particular want to go back to them as there not going to be much help and trying to sort this myself. Tried AUDI dealers but they havent got a clue either.

I have searched everywhere across the net for a location, images or what this looks like to see if its is in the rear hatch or the c pillars

Any advice appreciated and thank you in advance

Regards
    Neil

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    What codes are you getting? There is sensors close to where the glass meets the roof line, but you need to remove some trim pieces to access. I htink they are only 4 the antennas in the rear glass as i damaged one and had to solder it back on. I'll check the pics i ahve that i took with the trim removed when i was retrofitting the reverse camera

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply

The code I have is 01403 - Glass-Break Sensors; Rear 011- Open Circuit

That's a massive help thank you even just to know where I should be looking and how these are connected. If you have any pics then would be useful indeed.

Cheers
    Neil

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I had a different code it was something related to radio antenna fault. which was the left entenna point on the bottom left of the rear window. there is a similar connection point on the bottom right which may be your culprit, but the only way to easily view it is remove the plastic trim piece on the bottom of the window

This whole piece:

This could possibly be the sensor causing trouble:

Would you be confident in pulling the trim off yourself?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Awesome photos and very useful thank you!

Yes I'm quite confident with trims and light car diy so will have a look and check connections etc.

Anything in particular to look out for when removing the trims?

I'm so grateful for this and I can rest a little knowing where to start sorting this out.

Would love to add the reverse camera too at some point but not sure if worth the cost.

I will tackle this tomorrow hopefully and report back.

You're a star thank you!!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    No problem, with mine there is only two screws holding that piece of trim on, Remove your warning triangle in the behind the small flap

You will see two screws there

You should invest in some trim removal tools if you dont have a set so you dont damage the trim

Remove your two parcel shelves out of the way, careful not to damage the mounts that go into the boot lid. Start at the outer edge closest to the roof and pry the plastic down firmly, there is about 20 metal clips you need to pop out, they will pop load and be very tightly secured if that piece has never been removed before, work your away around to the boot latch. If you get any resistance, change to the other side and do the same.

You can then move to the inner edge of the trim, you should have enough space to use your fingers(with gloves for safety ) now and pull the trim down towards you starting from edge closest the roof again.

There is a lot of small rubber pieces all along the outer edge of the trim piece, half of these will fall off. make sure you replace them before re-fitting. ALso be careful of the rubber mounts that secure your parcel shelf prongs, and make sure these are nicely seated in the mounts too.

If you have power boot lid be careful when you have the trim mostly free as you will need to disconnect the wire going into the back of the switch you need to remove.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Weather much better today so eventually got around to pulling the boot trim off. Yes correct it was the contact for the break glass sensor and one of the contacts had slightly come away. Which did explain why the alarm was only going off sometimes as it was making contact some of the time. To be fair to the tint people I don't think they did anything wrong but maybe the trim removal etc disturbed this.

All sorted now, put back together and a massive thank you for the photos and guidance No doubt this will help others if this arises which is what this great forum is about

Cheers
    Neil

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I think maybe when they were applying your tint, one of their tools went down behind the trim and loosened it off. I had no tools anywhere near mine and damaged it taking off the trim to run the reverse camera wiring, they are very fragile it seems.

What did you get tinted though? Your rear glass looks un-tinted in that picture

Glad you got it sorted!

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah true as it was ok before hand but as you say seems a fragile connection.

It does indeed look un-tinted its just that photo must over over explosed but had all rear windows & boot 20% tinted. Will post some car pics when cleaned, I have oolong grey which is a pig to keep clean even for a day

Cheers again and cant thank you enough

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi a7 rear break glass sensor location? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
    No problem, with mine there is only two screws holding that piece of trim on, Remove your warning triangle in the behind the small flap

You will see two screws there

You should invest in some trim removal tools if you dont have a set so you dont damage the trim

Remove your two parcel shelves out of the way, careful not to damage the mounts that go into the boot lid. Start at the outer edge closest to the roof and pry the plastic down firmly, there is about 20 metal clips you need to pop out, they will pop load and be very tightly secured if that piece has never been removed before, work your away around to the boot latch. If you get any resistance, change to the other side and do the same.

You can then move to the inner edge of the trim, you should have enough space to use your fingers(with gloves for safety ) now and pull the trim down towards you starting from edge closest the roof again.

There is a lot of small rubber pieces all along the outer edge of the trim piece, half of these will fall off. make sure you replace them before re-fitting. ALso be careful of the rubber mounts that secure your parcel shelf prongs, and make sure these are nicely seated in the mounts too.

If you have power boot lid be careful when you have the trim mostly free as you will need to disconnect the wire going into the back of the switch you need to remove.

Sorry for the necro post, I need to replace the two pins in the trim on either side of the boot lid that hold the tonneau cover in place do these sections just pop off as well?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast