Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
Thank you all for the answers Yesterday I asked a professional tyre service and they suggested the:

"225/55R17 97Y Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 FP SCT"

as unfortunately I can't have the silent technology tyres from Continental here in Hungary. I checked that tyre, and seems quite good on all tests in all the aspects, do somebody has any experience with this tyre?
I got this tyre on my Subaru impresa, direct from the factory on 17" rims. The tyre performed well, in all conditions . Grip was excellent, with very little in the way of instability. They gave the car a real drivers confidence,however the outer edge of the front tyres wore quickly. This was partly due to AWD and the tendency to push through corners. The following year, Goodyear redesigned the tyre and re-enforced the edge blocks, making them more robust and less likely to give way under normal cornering conditions. This gave more road miles and a significantly longer life span. I kept this tyres design for 3 years, 2 sets I would say, until I change wheels up to 18".

A good all round tyre in my opinion, on a performance AWD car. I think the only condition they didn't handle real well was snow, but what non winter tyre does. Apologies, I don't have any experience with the Audi, but with regards to noise. On my Impreza your never gonna hear the tyres over the exhaust, so apologies, I cant comment further.

Also ran the tyres also on an MGTF VVT, staggered fitment, and the tyres performed very well. Similar experience to the Subaru, with wearing outside edges on the front, Rear wheel drive this time, the car did suffer from the same issue, excessive wearing front, But I only kept the car for one set of tyres before the engine blew, no surprise.

I don't think you can go far wrong if you are limited to a choice of tyres.